Is there an app for backing up contacts? If so, whats the best one?
    10-31-09 10:39 AM
    Why would you need an app? You can back up using Desktop Manager...
    10-31-09 10:40 AM
    The Blackberry desktop software is used for that it comes with the phone or it can be downloaded from most phone carriers web sites.
    10-31-09 10:41 AM
    I know but the charging port is damaged and I am getting a new storm 2, the phone was DOA out of the box and I have over 1k contacts
    10-31-09 10:43 AM
    also you can purchase smrt guard its an app that can back up contact and sms and if its stolen you can wipe the device so they can't get any of your info you can go to SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian� to learn more about it. I love it because you can restore your contacts from there as well so theres no need to hook it up to the computer.
    10-31-09 10:44 AM
    i use smrtguard it is 4.00 dollars a month but it backs up contacts,email,sms,tasks, and memos. you can even self destruct meaning wipe everything off if your phone is stolen. and they have a 1 week trial. SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�
    10-31-09 10:45 AM
    I know but the charging port is damaged and I am getting a new storm 2, the phone was DOA out of the box and I have over 1k contacts
    What phone has a damaged charging port? Is it another Storm?
    10-31-09 10:49 AM
    Do you have bluetooth on your computer?
    10-31-09 10:50 AM
    My original storm 2, the charging port all of the sudden quit qorking less than 24 hrs after i bought it. Is this smar guard app in blackberry app world?
    10-31-09 10:50 AM
    Verizon Wireless has a backup assistant that's $1.99 a month. Maybe you could use it to backup your contacts and then transfer them to your new phone? To check it out sign into your account at Verizon Wireless, go to the "My Services, and click on "My Contacts" on the left hand menu.

You can read about it before you sign up/use it.
    10-31-09 10:51 AM
    you cant use backup assistant on blackberrys or smartphones
    10-31-09 10:53 AM
    My original storm 2, the charging port all of the sudden quit qorking less than 24 hrs after i bought it. Is this smar guard app in blackberry app world?
    When will you ever learn, Blackberry Storm 1 & 2= GARBAGE!
    10-31-09 10:56 AM
    Actually I really like the Storm2. It is far from garbage.
    10-31-09 11:05 AM
    I have been using PhoneBAKup by bak2u. It saved my azz once already. It is a one time purchase and backs up all 4 PIM applications. It saves to the media card and can also email it all to a predefined account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 11:08 AM
    If you had already configured Desktop Manager, you can sync through Bluetooth.
    It works great for sync, but you need to be on a cable for backup.

10-31-09 11:13 AM
    Perhaps back up the contacts on a memory card -- output them as something standard like vCards if you can -- and then import them into your computer.
    10-31-09 11:24 AM
    Perhaps back up the contacts on a memory card -- output them as something standard like vCards if you can -- and then import them into your computer.
    That brings up a good point! I have had this issue with my 8830 in importing either vcards or outlook contacts that I get over email. Is there an app for the S2 that will do that?

I'll be ordering my S2 on wednesday so I have next weekend to get used to it. I ordered all my accessories on CB here since they are cheaper than the store. It's all in the timing.

10-31-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD