Anyone aware of an app that will auto resize a picture when you want to send it by email or MMS?
    06-26-09 07:08 PM
    I've not seen an app that automatically resizes when sending. I use ShrinkIt on my Bold. ShrinkIt allows you to resize pics easily. While looking at a pic or its thumbnail, you can hit the left button and choose a size since it adds itself to the menu. It works well for resizing before sending a pic.

Sorry I don't have a link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:18 PM
    I downloaded ShrinkIt tonight. I am very pleased with it, but prefer an app that can auto resize a pic based on users settings when sending. I would like to skip the extra step.

Not sure if the price of ShrinkIt is worth it without that feature.
    06-26-09 07:21 PM
    I didn't know there was a charge for ShrinkIt. I downloaded it for free. Where did you get it?

06-27-09 11:18 AM
    The download is free but after 7 days you have to pay for the full version.

06-27-09 11:23 AM
    Try berrycoder.com, it has free picture compressor

06-28-09 03:12 AM
    I'm a new BB user. Please explain the need to resize pics. Is it a cropping issue?
    06-28-09 03:42 AM
    ShrinkIt allows you to change the size of the photo, therefore making it faster for you to Email a picture. I currently have my camera set to the Large setting (1600x1200). The size of the photos come out to be 450 - 630 kb in size. Let's say you wanted to Email 2 pictures, that would be about 1 MB. It would take a while to send to someone. ShrinkIt allows you to change the size to a width of 640, 480, or 320. ShrinkIt makes a second copy of your original picture. So you still have your original large photo, but you now have a 2nd scaled down image. I took a photo that was 614 kb in size. These are the sizes that ShrinkIt created based on the settings I chose. 640 = 55 kb, 480 = 33 kb, 320 = 16 kb. As you can see, it makes it faster to Email, because the file size is so much smaller. 640 and 480 can be viewed well on a PC, as well as a mobile phone. 320 is good for sending a picture to another mobile phone user.

06-28-09 08:43 AM
    I have shrinkit now. Nice app, but I am looking for something that will auto resize me pics when I choose to send them.

06-28-09 08:45 AM
    That would be a cool app to have. Hope someone comes out with such an app soon.

06-28-09 08:47 AM
    I had a couple dumb phones that did it. Was very nice to have.

06-28-09 08:48 AM
    My previous dumb phone took better pictures, and the file size wasn't that large. BlackBerry takes the same size photo, the file size is huge, and the pictures are crappy.

06-28-09 08:53 AM
    My previous dumb phone took better pictures, and the file size wasn't that large. BlackBerry takes the same size photo, the file size is huge, and the pictures are crappy.

Helpful post, right on topic too lol. OS 5.0 when it comes out has this feature built in
    06-28-09 08:55 AM
    That would be great. I've heard that OS 5.0 will not be available for the 83xx Curves. If so, that will be a bummer.

06-28-09 09:03 AM
    Is there a date for 5.0?

06-28-09 09:23 AM
    ShrinkIt allows you to change the size of the photo, therefore making it faster for you to Email a picture. I currently have my camera set to the Large setting (1600x1200). The size of the photos come out to be 450 - 630 kb in size. Let's say you wanted to Email 2 pictures, that would be about 1 MB. It would take a while to send to someone. ShrinkIt allows you to change the size to a width of 640, 480, or 320. ShrinkIt makes a second copy of your original picture. So you still have your original large photo, but you now have a 2nd scaled down image. I took a photo that was 614 kb in size. These are the sizes that ShrinkIt created based on the settings I chose. 640 = 55 kb, 480 = 33 kb, 320 = 16 kb. As you can see, it makes it faster to Email, because the file size is so much smaller. 640 and 480 can be viewed well on a PC, as well as a mobile phone. 320 is good for sending a picture to another mobile phone user.

Thanks for clarifying. That would be useful.
    06-28-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD