I downloaded a couple of Apps for Blackberry and obviously it went to my Download folder but I didnt find the Apps useful so deleted them. But for some reason the Apps icon is still on the Download folder with a (Archive) listed beside it. Is there a way where I can completely remove it from my Download folder?
    09-30-09 02:29 AM
    Did you restart the phone after you deleted it?

I downloaded a couple of Apps for Blackberry and obviously it went to my Download folder but I didnt find the Apps useful so deleted them. But for some reason the Apps icon is still on the Download folder with a (Archive) listed beside it. Is there a way where I can completely remove it from my Download folder?
    09-30-09 02:38 AM
    Yes I did and also did a hard pull out (is that what it's even called) ... where I took the battery off when the phone was still on.
    09-30-09 02:58 AM
    To remove these app archives, follow these instructions:

1) Download FileScout: FileScout for BlackBerry� Download [File Manager for BlackBerry� Devices].
    2) Use FS (FileScout) to navigate to: SDCard->BlackBerry->app_world->downloads->(Your PIN) and delete the folder of the app you want to permanently remove.

Done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 03:02 AM
    Is there another way to do it without downloading anything to my phone?
    09-30-09 03:23 AM
    Yes that FileScout recommendation is major overkill for your scenario as long as I can assume correctly that you downloaded these Apps from App World.

If you delete Apps from App World in the conventional ways (highlighting them or through the Advanced Options Applications list) they will automatically archive.

You had to open App World, go to My World, scroll to the App, press MENU and choose Delete or Uninstall. (Archive is a choice there too.)

You still can. Go to My World. Your Archived Apps are the bottom of the list. MENU -> Delete.

Deleted Apps in My World stay at the bottom of your list and are faded with Uninstalled under the App name.
    This is a feature of App World in case you were deleting an App but wanted to check back to see if it's updated.

Don't worry: If it says Uninstalled, it's deleted from your device and/or media card.

09-30-09 11:15 AM
    I forgot to mention that a reboot is almost always requested when you delete an App, especially one that is embedded within other Apps or native menus, like Gwabbit!

09-30-09 11:16 AM
    Last point: try a Search here on CB before posting. This is a great question, but a common one. It's been covered probably over a dozen times.

09-30-09 11:19 AM
    Yes that FileScout recommendation is major overkill for your scenario as long as I can assume correctly that you downloaded these Apps from App World.

If you delete Apps from App World in the conventional ways (highlighting them or through the Advanced Options Applications list) they will automatically archive.

You had to open App World, go to My World, scroll to the App, press MENU and choose Delete or Uninstall. (Archive is a choice there too.)

You still can. Go to My World. Your Archived Apps are the bottom of the list. MENU -> Delete.

Deleted Apps in My World stay at the bottom of your list and are faded with Uninstalled under the App name.
    This is a feature of App World in case you were deleting an App but wanted to check back to see if it's updated.

Don't worry: If it says Uninstalled, it's deleted from your device and/or media card.

I'm not here to argue or anything, and as always, I post out of respect, but in the long and short of things, my "overkill" recommendation is by far faster, and requires no reboots. While a battery pull is always recommended after any changes to the BlackBerry OS, ei installing or uninstalling apps. I challenge anyone to attempt both methods of removing archives, and report which is faster.

09-30-09 02:43 PM
    Hi Dr.S, I'm not here argue either. Okay, maybe sometimes� but honestly I've been appreciative of your advice before!

I think we were both trying to give honest help to the OP.

The App World route is faster for your actual steps. Go to the App in My World, press MENU, select Delete.
    It's the probably-required reboot of this method that might be undesirable to you, and fair enough!

I just know if I'm going to delete and either (a) plan the time out so I'm not inconvenienced by a 5-minute reboot, or (b) select Reboot Later instead of Reboot Now, as you are always given that choice.

I also love the My World feature now that it works with the more recent App World versions, so maybe I was biased.

My advice was also meant to highlight to the OP and others why this archiving was happening in the first place, so it's simple next time they would like to delete an App originally downloaded from App World.

09-30-09 03:50 PM
    Won't scrolling over the archived/uninstalled apps in the "My World" area of BB App World and holding "alt" while typing R S T resolve the issue?
    09-30-09 04:08 PM
    Won't scrolling over the archived/uninstalled apps in the "My World" area of BB App World and holding "alt" while typing R S T resolve the issue?
    Never heard that one. What does it do exactly?

09-30-09 04:15 PM
    Never heard that one. What does it do exactly?
    I assume "R S T" is telling App World to reset the highlighted archived/uninstalled application. I don't know for sure, however this is the usual solution whenever this question is asked and it has worked for me every time I wanted to purge unwanted items from "My World".
    10-01-09 09:14 AM
    Last point: try a Search here on CB before posting. This is a great question, but a common one. It's been covered probably over a dozen times.

I would of but have notice that topic titles are always different. So decided to make my own in which i'd be able to find it faster.

Thanks for the help by the way!
    10-03-09 03:06 AM
    To remove these app archives, follow these instructions:

1) Download FileScout: .
    2) Use FS (FileScout) to navigate to: SDCard->BlackBerry->app_world->downloads->(Your PIN) and delete the folder of the app you want to permanently remove.

Done.

Nice. Thanks. But what if I need to delete Filescout?
    10-10-09 08:30 AM
    IT WORKED!
    10-13-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD