Hi People
    I've been reading on various forums about the 523 error and they all told tales of woe. Reboots, lost data etc etc.
    If it's of any value to anyone, I got the 523 error on my 8900 today. It had been "sticky" for 24 hours tho in that time I had not downloaded any third party apps etc, tho there are some on the device.
    Having read all the horror stories elsewhere I decided simple was best and tried the obvious first. I simply took out the battery and left it for a coupla minutes, put it back in and hey presto - I have a fully functional 8900 again!

The only new element before the error was a Blacktrack app message informing me of an upgrade. I deleted it after the device came back to life.

I perfectly happy to accept that on this occasion I was just lucky.
    Then again maybe not.
    Anyhow, hope this is helpful.
    If not, please don't shoot the messenger!
    Kerf
    12-22-09 01:36 PM
    A Battery Pull (leaving device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back and wait for your device to boot up) is alway recommended after having any issues... and at least once every 10 to 14 days.
    12-22-09 02:10 PM
    Thanks for the advice fatboy97, much appreciated.
    Do you recommend a battery pull app or just to do it physically?
    12-22-09 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the advice fatboy97, much appreciated.
    Do you recommend a battery pull app or just to do it physically?
    It's a physical thing to do it correctly... you can do a soft restart (Alt + Right Shift + Del), which is as good as any program, if not better because it does not take up any memory and is part of the OS, which is good in between battery pulls... just remember that a battery pull is still needed every 10 to 14 days... sooner if needed.
    12-22-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD