Is there any app out there that will eliminate the blinking light when you get a missed call or message, and could also hide the message and missed phone icon?
    01-28-10 04:02 PM
    You can change in you're profiles and turn off the LED.
    01-28-10 04:09 PM
    I believe most, if not all, of those things can be fixed through profiles and the options menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 04:11 PM
    Profiles is the speaker icon, by the way.

01-28-10 05:13 PM
    Eliminating the LED is done in the profiles, but I think the only way to get rid of the icons is to check the call log and read the messages. I haven't heard of an application to do that and I don't think there is that much demand for what you're looking for, so I doubt anyone is working on such an app.

Good call. I am very curious why the OP wants to get rid of those.
    01-28-10 06:00 PM
    The LED is iconic of a BB.
    01-28-10 06:44 PM
    Sounds like someone has 2 girlfriends
    01-28-10 06:46 PM
    Or a wife and a girlfriend! Hey OP do you happen to be the best golfer in the world by any chance, LOL.
    01-28-10 06:51 PM
    change the profile settings to reflect no LED's under all of your desired choices... ie: email, phone calls etc......

You can change the email settings under message options.... messages>(bb button)>options>general options>Display Message count - NONE & Display New Message Indicator - NO....

As far as the missed call one? I got nothing on that...
    01-28-10 07:33 PM
    I hate that too! It's even worse if you have youmail! Then you get a text, a missed call message and another text either alerting you of a voice mail or saying the caller didn't leave a message. It's a total pain in the ****! Mine however doesn't blink when I have a missed call, it's all the other crap that makes it blink.
    01-28-10 09:41 PM
    Or a wife and a girlfriend! Hey OP do you happen to be the best golfer in the world by any chance, LOL.
    HAHA!!!! Here I am trying to think of something funny to say because it is kind of funny what the OP is asking. I scroll down and.........

My buddy said someone needs to come up with the "Tiger" app. After you read or send a message, it changes all female names to Mike. LOL
    Last edited by jiggyb; 01-28-10 at 09:50 PM.
    01-28-10 09:48 PM
    I hate that too! It's even worse if you have youmail! Then you get a text, a missed call message and another text either alerting you of a voice mail or saying the caller didn't leave a message. It's a total pain in the ****! Mine however doesn't blink when I have a missed call, it's all the other crap that makes it blink.
    You can change all that youmail stuff in the youmail settings.
    01-28-10 09:51 PM
    I just did, I'll see if it's better. Thanks!
    01-28-10 09:58 PM
    I use to leave all the notifications on, then I changed to VM notification only. Much less distracting
    01-28-10 10:48 PM
    The LED is evil! It ruins dates, movies, distracts from lectures, and sometimes even during sex! It even forces me to press buttons if I don't see it flashing just to make sure I didn't miss it!
    01-29-10 04:54 PM
    I love the LED - I just wish it was brighter on the S2
    01-29-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD