Just saw on BB App World. V 2.54 is out now and costs $2.99 year, and will be full of ads. The free version will be supported for 6 more months.
    Thanks Cr_App World!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 04:00 AM
    so... we have to pay to have the store access on our device? O.o that's silly.
    04-02-09 04:25 AM
    Looks like we will all go back to buying apps off websites lol. How stupid

04-02-09 11:07 AM
    This is a pretty dumb idea. AP News Mobile is good, but not good enough to be a paid app.

It doesn't even sync.... All it does is list the last updated stories.
    04-02-09 11:13 AM
    damn! This is one of my fav apps. Oh well. I guess I will go back to being uninformed and ignorantly bliss....
    04-02-09 11:56 AM
    i just installed ap mobile news a couple of days ago.. looks like i got lucky this time. sigh app world.
    04-02-09 02:08 PM
    I use Viigo anyway, I've installed both apps on my phone but I rarely use AP News. Anything I get on AP News I can find a feed for on Viigo.
    04-02-09 03:00 PM
    Is this some kind of an April Fool's joke? AP is a good app, but if I'm going to have to pay for it, it's going to disappear off my Berry.

04-02-09 06:27 PM
    further discussion here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...-world-196047/
    04-02-09 06:30 PM
    The app needs to do something other than just list articles for a paid price....

Deleting articles for example does nothing, it will just re-download articles you deleted because it's not syncing anything or keeping track...
    04-02-09 06:35 PM
    I was very disappointed to see AP Mobile News disappear from the free download landscape.

If you were too, post where you're going for news now on this thread:

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > BlackBerry Software, Services and Accessories > 3rd Party Software > I'm Moving from AP Mobile News to...

Whether it's New York Times, Washington Post or something else, let's let AP News know we're going somewhere else instead of using their app!

04-02-09 11:21 PM
    let's see, read it for free in my BB browser or shell out money for a "convenient" app... yeah, don't think so. news should stay free, unless you buy a newspaper.
    04-02-09 11:41 PM
    let's see, read it for free in my BB browser or shell out money for a "convenient" app... yeah, don't think so. news should stay free, unless you buy a newspaper.

Exactly... not well thought out on their part.
    04-03-09 12:17 AM
    Yeah, but I think there are a lot of people upset with this, as well as other applications that used to be free and now cost $$$ on App World.
    04-03-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD