It looks like I am going to have to start buying my apps thru another source then mobihand or crackberry. My apps are expiring because I cant get a simple procedure done, following mobihand's directions.

I know there is blackberry app world. What are the downsides of buying apps thru them, if any? How does switching PIN's work? Any input would be appreciated.

Is there any other place to buy apps for blackberry's that is not linked to mobihand?
    03-23-10 06:36 AM
    It looks like I am going to have to start buying my apps thru another source then mobihand or crackberry. My apps are expiring because I cant get a simple procedure done, following mobihand's directions.

I know there is blackberry app world. What are the downsides of buying apps thru them, if any? How does switching PIN's work? Any input would be appreciated.

Is there any other place to buy apps for blackberry's that is not linked to mobihand?
    What is wrong with mobihand/crackberry app store? i never had a problem with that!
    03-23-10 06:46 AM
    I've used Handango for multiple devices in the past w/o any problems.
    03-23-10 06:55 AM
    What is wrong with mobihand/crackberry app store? i never had a problem with that!
    I made the mistake of buying apps for more then one phone on my account. That is a big mistake, you can do it, but it creates problems when it comes to changing pin's for new phones.

I contacted them back in the beginning of february to seperate the phones to seperate accounts. They replied to send in the PIN's for each phone, a seperate email address for each phone and the list that goes to each phone so they could do so. Yes, a headache for them and for me, but by doing this, it would make things smoother in the future.

I did above, been doing it since february 14h I think, I have sent in several emails for reminders. I hear nothing from them. Now if I got a email saying they could not do this, then I would understand. But I got a email from them with instructions of what to do and I followed them. I understand that it wont happen overnight, but over a month.

So I am going to cut my losses. Change the PIN for my apps that I have in mobihand to my current phone, and re-buy the apps for the other 2 phones thru app world, or another source, if anybody has any suggestions.

SUGGESTION TO OTHERS, DO NOT BUY APPS FOR MORE THEN 1 PHONE PER ACCOUNT. LEARN FROM MY MISFORTUNE.
    03-23-10 06:58 AM
    With Handigo, you have to buy "download insurance" if you upgrade your phone, meaning an extra cost when you purchase. Unless they have changed that policy.
    03-23-10 08:47 AM
    I am working on this now. I gave up on creating a account for each phone thinking it would be easier on them and easier on me. I just did a PIN swap and specified which PIN's to change, and within 30 minutes it was done.

so I guess they would rather do it this way. for the ones that bought apps for more then 1 phone, make sure you specify which PIN to make the change to. Dont just send in a PIN change and leave it at that, or they will change all apps codes to the new PIN. Then you have a mess, believe me, I know. LOL
    03-23-10 08:53 AM
    With Handigo, you have to buy "download insurance" if you upgrade your phone, meaning an extra cost when you purchase. Unless they have changed that policy.
    I wouldn't like that.

If anything comes out of this post, I hope it educates people to either create seperate accounts for each phone when buying apps, or when doing a PIN change thru mobihand, do not just enter your new PIN and send it, you need to specify to change only the PIN you want changed, or all phones on that account could be changed.

I am going to send in a suggestion to mobihand to make it easier for multi phone purchases on account to do a PIN change. Make it so when we click on change devices, we can check mark the apps we want changed to a new PIN, this way the account holder can select and seperate the ones to be changed. And another suggestion for multi phone accounts is to offer a sort by PIN option for apps.
    03-23-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD