Hi everyone
    I am going to be switching from my curve to the new Blackberry Tour when it becomes available and I was wondering if its possible to move my apps that I have purchased to my new blackberry and how would I go about doing that?
    Thanks
    Kristy
    07-03-09 08:05 AM
    I'm not completely positive but I believe you can back up your apps using desktop manager then reinstall on the new phone.
    07-03-09 08:08 AM
    I was under the impression that any apps bought under one PIN# couldn't be tranferred to a new PIN#.
    07-03-09 08:54 AM
    Any apps that are pin-based can be transfered, you would usually have to contact the developer and they would issue you a new activation code. I've purchased apps from mobihand and you can just change your pin when you log into your account, then shortly after, they'll provide you with a new activation code. Easy as pie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:25 AM
    Hi everyone
    I am going to be switching from my curve to the new Blackberry Tour when it becomes available and I was wondering if its possible to move my apps that I have purchased to my new blackberry and how would I go about doing that?
    Thanks
    Kristy
    Your best solution is to simply use the desktop managers "Switch Devices" option. It will move all of your 3rd party apps, data, settings, etc for you. One thing I would advise you to do maybe 2 days before getting the tour is prepare a list of all of the vendors of software you've purchased. You will need to contact them to generate a new key to match your Tour's pin.
    07-03-09 12:18 PM
    Anything purchased via the app store will let you reinstall on your new handset, I was expecting hassle this week when I went Bold-8900 but my 2 main paid apps repligo and quicklaunch just let me reinstall via appworld.
    07-04-09 04:02 AM
    This is good to know. Thank you for the info.
    07-05-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD