I just have a quick question for anyone who uses EITHER app on T-Mobile. They bounce around the subject a bit on their websites when it comes to needing a data plan. Specifically Tellme.

I am only wanting to use the speech to text for SMS, nothing else. However I do NOT have a data plan with T-Mobile and my blackberry. Does either app use data or require it just for this function? I do not want to be billed for extra while not having a plan for it... but I could reaaaaalllllllly use this app

I appreciate anyone's time and help~~~~~~~~~

Yuna
    01-17-10 12:01 AM
    I use reQall. Yes, you need Internet connectivity to use the reQall for BlackBerry application. For speech to text feature, Internet connectivity is a must because when you record a voice item, the app has to sync twice 1) to sync the voice item to reQall datacentre online where it is converted to text, assigned due dates and organized into specific categories based on the keywords in the recorded item and 2) sync again to display the transcribed text.

You can connect to the Internet either using Wi-Fi or using your carrier's data plan.
    01-18-10 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD