I just got an invitation to Google Voice. Is anyone out there using GV on Bold 9000? How does it work and does it work well?

I'd appreciate any advice you could give in deciding whether or not to accept the invitation.

Thanks,
    J
    12-06-09 03:24 PM
    I don't know if this is true, but there are no push notifications regarding GV. It doesn't integrate with messages so it's a bit of a pain to check your texts when they're late. (I don't forward texts to SMS).

In terms of GV without thinking about blackberries, it's really useful. I use it all the time when I'm posting stuff on craigslist and other sites.
    12-06-09 03:28 PM
    i use google voice on my 9000. I have all my voice calls forwarding to my gv line. GV emails me when i get a new voicemail and i saved their email in my contact list and gave it its own ringtone so i can tell if i get an email from my gv account.

I love the translator, even know its off, alot.... but still.... luv it...
    12-06-09 03:34 PM
    I don't know if this is true, but there are no push notifications regarding GV. It doesn't integrate with messages so it's a bit of a pain to check your texts when they're late. (I don't forward texts to SMS).

In terms of GV without thinking about blackberries, it's really useful. I use it all the time when I'm posting stuff on craigslist and other sites.
    you can set it to email you the texts to save on texts.

when google rolls out the VOIP, GAME OVER at&t etc.
    12-06-09 05:39 PM
    I use it the same way Kevin does. I set it up to be my voicemail. That way I get transcribed VMs. I set up an email address and use it for GV only.
    12-06-09 05:50 PM
    I have it installed on my 9000, haven't used it much, but since I have loaded it, my battery drains in about half the time. I don't know if its gv or ebay app.
    12-08-09 02:09 PM
    i use it on my bold and give the number out to work colleagues and other people that i don't want to give my real cell # out to.
    12-08-09 02:37 PM
    i use it on my bold and give the number out to work colleagues and other people that i don't want to give my real cell # out to.

That's exactly what I use it for... but I was wondering something... since GV calls your actual phone # when someone calls it, is it possible to add your GV # to A-List and just have everyone call that # and it not take away from your minutes?
    12-09-09 12:33 PM
    GV works very well all my work related employees have it. I also use it for online shopping, and craigslist
    12-09-09 01:54 PM
    That's exactly what I use it for... but I was wondering something... since GV calls your actual phone # when someone calls it, is it possible to add your GV # to A-List and just have everyone call that # and it not take away from your minutes?
    That's an idea! I'll have to try that out and see what I find.
    12-09-09 02:23 PM
    My brother did this with his tmobile bb, pretty sure mine is on my a-list

Just make sure that the GV line shows when it calls you and not the user that is calling ur gv line... not sure how att reads Caller ID....

Too bad this is only good for incoming, and GV uses different numbers to dial out on
    Last edited by sourkevin; 12-09-09 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Editing Prevents Flooding
    12-09-09 04:27 PM
    i loaded it. used it for a month or so. didn't like it. the transcription feature sucks. it sucks to have to dial the GV number to get your messages. i found VVM much easier and convenient to use.

the only advantage i see to GV is to be able to give out THAT number rather than your personal number.

i have since turned the voicemail feature off and am back to VVM.
    12-13-09 12:19 AM
    I have enjoyed the service so far, mapped the left control key to open the GV app and I am all set.
    12-13-09 02:24 AM
    I use GV for txting and forward it to my email so I don't have to pay and extra $20 a month for an unlimited plan. Right now, that's basically all I use it for until they release a better app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:03 AM
    i loaded it. used it for a month or so. didn't like it. the transcription feature sucks. it sucks to have to dial the GV number to get your messages. i found VVM much easier and convenient to use.

the only advantage i see to GV is to be able to give out THAT number rather than your personal number.

i have since turned the voicemail feature off and am back to VVM.
    I use GV and have never had to dial any number to get my messages. GV just plays them. It's great.
    12-13-09 10:25 AM
    Does anyone have a google voice invite ....been trying to get one for like almost a month lol
    pin:31ed60bf
    12-13-09 10:47 AM
    I had the app loaded, but didn;t really need it so i have the google voice shortcut instead. I have youmail and wouldn't replace that with any other voicemail or transcribing program.
    12-13-09 11:06 AM
    If anyone has an invite to give, I would appreciate one. Like the idea of getting free txt messages!
    12-13-09 04:41 PM
    can someone send me an invitation? I'd like to give it a try [email protected]
    12-13-09 04:57 PM
    I've been using GV for several months. I work from home and use that number for work collegues and incoming calls can ring on my cell phone and house phone. So, if the network goes down at home and I have to work from a cafe, I get my calls there, if I have to go to a meeting, my calls go with me, etc. It is great.
    12-13-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD