I'm looking for an app to dial out using my Google Voice number instead of the access number (which may change). Does anyone have experience with BlaCaDa or suggestions for a free app to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:20 AM
    I've tried it and it's not a bad app. If you download the official GV app for BlackBerry, it integrates the call using GV feature into your standard menu.
    02-20-10 11:39 AM
    I've tried it and it's not a bad app. If you download the official GV app for BlackBerry, it integrates the call using GV feature into your standard menu.
    Thanks. I am currently using the GV app and like the integration. I don't like that it calls an access number for outgoing calls instead of my own GV number. I'm hoping BlaCaDa (or another app) can provide similar integration with my address book, etc.

02-20-10 12:21 PM
    BlaCaDa works well with Google Voice - i am using it almost for every call and with MyFaves saving a lot of T-Mobile minutes . It works best with OS 5. You could get the free version from GetJar or the App World. The full version is available also on the App World. Check the screenshot example on their web site - blacada.com/screenshots.html - as Access Number enter your Google Voice number and instead of 5555 in the Card Number field enter your Google Voice 4 digit pin/password.
    02-20-10 01:55 PM
    Thanks folks! I'm checking out the free version right now. I think this will do the trick. It'll definitely be worth the three bucks or whatever it is for the real version if this works out. I'll report back later.

02-20-10 06:16 PM
    Checking back... BlaCaDa does work well! At first I thought it was annoying to hear it dialing the digits and the prompts, etc. But then once, the pause was too short or whatever, so it was good that I could troubleshoot it that way. Anyhow, the solution works just fine! I recommend it!
    02-26-10 12:59 AM
    Checking back... BlaCaDa does work well! At first I thought it was annoying to hear it dialing the digits and the prompts, etc. But then once, the pause was too short or whatever, so it was good that I could troubleshoot it that way. Anyhow, the solution works just fine! I recommend it!
    Every so often when google updates the way that the menus work you have to change the dialing string. Here's my latest string:

Pause Pause Pin# Pause Pause Pause ** Pause 2 Pause PhoneNumber #

The extra ** is to knock it out new voicemail, which now play automatically. I miss AT&T's voicemail system, with it's option to enable/disable auto-play and the choice between short, normal, or verbose menu prompts, and the way you could set it to call you on any phone number to get new voicemails. But I don't miss their high rates!

I miss the good old days of Pause Pin# Pause 2 Pause.
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 05-04-10 at 12:53 PM.
    05-04-10 12:50 PM
    Can someone please educate me; I have read about Bla Ca Da app but dont understand what it actually does using my skype to go numbers. I have it installed now . When I dial a contact overseas through Bla Ca Da and using my skype to go number am I being charged for the call with my network supplier or is this some sort of bypass.
    What/how does it work? im confused
    any advise would be welcome, im a bit thick when it comes to this stuff
    11-16-11 02:52 AM
    BlaCaDa just dials the numbers for you so you don't have to enter them manually. I have MyFaves with T-Mobile and my "Skype To Go" is one of my 5 unlimited numbers so I am not getting charged. Of course if you have unlimited plan that will help too - otherwise your calls will be charged I guess.
    11-19-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD