I saw this app called Memory Up. Has anyone used this app? Is it any good? Does it really make a difference, especially in reclaiming RAM? I loved to hear from any users.

MemoryUp-Mobile RAM Booster (Specially Designed for BlackBerry) by eMobiStudio Inc - Handango BlackBerry Curve Software

Here is the description:

Your device has a secret. It's addicted to using RAM with JVM-based programs running in the background. But never fear! MemoryUp-Mobile RAM and Memory Booster is here to take care of that for you. MemoryUp is a powerful Java virtual machine management and RAM boosting tool specially-designed for high-end smartphones. MemoryUp takes control of JVM for each system, analyzes running J2ME programs including hidden programs, automatically allocates and recovers occupied RAM, and boosts system performance. MemoryUp can also reclaim lost resources and put them to better use.

Features include:

* Automatically helps reclaim wasted memory on your smartphone
    * Smart management of Java Virtual Machine
    * Multiple language support
    01-06-08 08:24 PM
    I've never used it, but ...then again I never understood the premise of installing ANOTHER application to gain RAM, think about it... how does that application work, it has to utilize RAM to run..so why install an application to "free up" RAM when the application has to use RAM to function, really seems to defeat the purpose....someone feel free to correct me or explain how this may work lol.
    01-06-08 08:27 PM
    Well it got ok reviews so i downloaded the trial ill let u know how that goes
    01-06-08 10:14 PM
    I used it for a few days it didn't seem to make a differece.
    01-06-08 10:49 PM
    I've downloaded the trial too. Guess I'll see how it goes.....
    01-07-08 09:14 AM
    yeah i used memoryup on my pearl 8100 and it def ran a bit faster. less time to load txt msg screen and profiles. also with ehavy theme use it seemed to run a lot smoother.
    02-22-09 12:38 PM
    I have tried it and it quite honestly wasn't worth the money. I deleted it and I found I am much better off deleting messages, clearing out my cache and doing a soft reset every night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah I don't think I would like it either from some other people's posts.
    02-22-09 02:03 PM
    I tried it for the trial period, but I didn't find any benift to justify buying a copy.

The key to memory optimization is getting rid of the samples and other space consuming files and unused applications.

The Java software that runs in BlackBerry is designed to manage memory, it does a great job with properly constructed software.
    02-22-09 02:27 PM
    Use the BlackBerry Memory Cleaner

The BlackBerry Memory Cleaner??? What the heck is that?

I had the same reaction when I stumbled across this little gem. My Pearl, shipped in its default configuration did not have this option readily available so I am guessing that many of you won�t know about it either.

To enable the BlackBerry Memory Cleaner, you need to follow the following steps:

1. Navigate to Options - Security Options - General Settings - Enable Content Protection - Enter the new device password when prompted and save your changes.
    2. Go all the way back to your main applications screen and then navigate back into the Security Options section.
    3. You will now see Memory Cleaning added to the list. Select this option and set it so that the icon is displayed on the home screen.

You will now see a small icon that looks like a paper shredder on your main applications screen. Simply click on this icon to launch the Memory Cleaner and have your BlackBerry clean up a bunch of stored files that you never even knew existed.

In order to keep this icon on your main applications page, you will have to keep content protection enabled. This unfortunately means casual users will have to enter a password every time the device locks.

bbgeeks(dot)com
    05-29-09 10:23 AM
    I would rather try its free version called MemoryUp Personal.
    01-13-10 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD