Weatherbug is awesome.
    10-30-08 07:48 AM
    Yeah, I'm sold on WB now. Much better than Weather Eye.
    10-30-08 07:50 AM
    I'm liking AccuW and WB right now, haven't decided on a fave. AW's update schedule still seems kind of spotty to me, while in WB I have to go to the hourly report before I see precip percentages. As a golfer those are verra important to me! AW would be cooler if you could click on the forecast screen and jump to their full mobile weather site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 07:57 AM
    I'm such an idjit. Top right of AccuWeather forecast screen; logo is clickable and takes you right to their main mobile page, just like I was wishing for.

10-30-08 10:31 PM
    back to morning tv for me
    10-31-08 01:29 AM
    I set the WB forecast icon to animate. It alternately shows today's and the next two day's forecast both numbers and image.

Last night I looked at my BB and the forecast (before I animated it) still showed sunny.
    10-31-08 09:26 AM
    Thats one of the things i was exeriencing when i posted earlier about weather bug bieng buggy sometimes

I set the WB forecast icon to animate. It alternately shows today's and the next two day's forecast both numbers and image.

Last night I looked at my BB and the forecast (before I animated it) still showed sunny.
    10-31-08 01:38 PM
    I did the Accuweather push. It puts an icon on your home screen that is updated. Click the icon and it takes you to an Accuweather summary screen. I got rid of Weathereye once I got this working.
    I did Accuweather as well but didn't get an icon. It's now a bookmark in my browser and when I click I get the search page. Hmmm. Did I do something incorrectly?
    10-31-08 03:38 PM
    Somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of the accuweather icon!!
    11-01-08 06:00 PM
    Options > Advanced > Applications > scroll to it and menu > delete.
    11-01-08 06:03 PM
    Will a new one just get pushed again if you don't also unsubscribe first?

11-01-08 06:25 PM
    Will a new one just get pushed again if you don't also unsubscribe first?

Not sure, doubt it though. It should just bounce back if the app is removed. Guess it wouldn't hurt to unsubscribe first.
    11-01-08 06:27 PM
    You have to unsubscribe. I don't think you can delete the icon like a regular shortcut such as ESPN.

Even if you can, if you don't unsubscribe the Icon will just appear after the next push.
    11-01-08 09:08 PM
    12-29-08 12:53 PM
    I agree Pocket Express Weather rocks.

Plus the movie listings is great as well.
    12-30-08 04:57 PM
    Someone earlier said it well. A lot of apps provides "Weather eye candy." For my small mind, I want to be able to find what I'm looking for, and more importantly, remember how I did it so I don't have to relearn each time. Pocket Express fills that bill for me.
    12-30-08 05:07 PM
    Word to your mother! All the better if it happens to remember where I am, or has some kind of GPS so I don't have to push buttons.
    12-30-08 05:12 PM
    This is exactly how I get to my setting on that for push frequency

Log onto mobile.blackberry.com
    Scroll to Applications, *click*
    Scroll to News and Weather *click*
    Scroll ALL the way to Weather Push *click*
    Pretend you have read the license agreement - I accept *click*
    Add your city, state and USA, *click*

Location search results, click on your city *click*

That VERY next page that comes up is where you can choose icon or message, then frequency, (once or twice)

Then hit subscribe

You will then see a Push Subsription Confirmation.

To delete, go thru same steps, as above till you see your city, next to that is Delete.
    Delete.

I joined this forum for the specific reason of thanking you for the above instructions. I was at my wit's end. What I was doing, and maybe others were too, was clicking on the Accuweather link at the top, instead of scrolling down to the Push. I was able to delete the pesky Paterson, NJ location that was defaulted on my phone and add my REAL location. Don't know if it worked or not yet, but at least things are pointed in the right direction. I'm glad I took the time to read through all the pages to find this!!

I might not return to this thread (about to head out of state for 3 weeks) and will probably forget about it in the meantime. So I wanted to say thank you in advance if it does work. If it doesn't work, I still want to thank you for the info, because it's more than I got anywhere else.

THANK YOU!!!! (can you tell I'm thankful? )

UPDATE: on a (potentially) positive note, the icon for Paterson, NJ, has gone away. *crosses fingers* Hoping, hoping, hoping that soon (or whenever!) the new icon will appear for VA. YAY!!!

UPDATE 2: VA ICON!! *whew!* what a relief!
    Last edited by Kimber_Ann; 04-02-09 at 04:06 PM. Reason: udpate
    04-02-09 01:55 PM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD