I just installed Blip yesterday because I thought it might come in handy if my BB was lost or stolen.

Their website, www.blacklinegps.com , states that IT'S FREE...but I notice, when I open Blip, that it says it expires in 90 days...WTF?

Anybody have experience with Blip?

TIA
    09-02-08 08:37 AM
    I just installed it this morning... so far so good. No one I know personally really uses it (yet) but it looks pretty cool so far.

I haven't seen anything about a 90 day expiry yet. One of the guys at work has been using it for months (longer than 3! haha!) now and he likes it. I just don't know him well enough to let him know where I'm at every 15 mins. HAHA
    02-25-09 02:39 PM
    it's kind of the same as using google map latitude...i have other friends of mine with blackberry's on there and i can see where they are at as long as their phone is on...if it cuts off it shows me where they were last at
    03-11-09 09:13 AM
    i can't get it to find me on gps-snitch.....
    03-11-09 10:29 AM
    I have been using blip since Nov. 08 and have 4 family members and myself on there. I find it works really good as long as you have a GPS signal. Just wish the GPS on the pearl 8130s would get a gps lock faster than they do. Out of the 5 phones on there, 4 are Pearls and 1 is a WE. The WE seems to work better than the Pearls as far as getting a lock faster when coming from a building to outside. It sure makes the time in the Gulf go by faster cause I can pull it up on a computer and see where everyone is back at home.
    06-22-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD