How's it working on the s2? I found the old version to be pretty glitchy on the storm, almost like it wasn't designed very well for the touchscreen.
    05-27-10 12:05 PM
    All versions have worked well for me. I can't really tell any changes. I thought it was a bit faster, at first, but I just rebooted and used Bolt again and it was the same speed as the previous version.

The reason I thought it was quicker at first. I own a Bold 9000 and Storm 2. Bolt is quicker on my Bold and after I updated from 2.02 to 2.1 on my Storm, it seemed nearly as fast as on my Bold. Like I said, after a reboot, it seemed like normal Storm 2 speed. (They were both running off EDGE) Bolt on my Storm 2 over Wifi is about as fast as on my Bold running EDGE. I guess that is the difference in the processors. ?
    05-27-10 12:13 PM
    It still feels very touchscreen unfriendly. Deleted within an hour of installing.
    05-27-10 12:30 PM
    Bolt is the only browser I use. The new version is still quirky, and I can see nothing really different with it as opposed to the prior version.

I like the text box entry within Bolt. That way, I can spell check everything I type. OM did not work out for me.

Bolt has served me well over the years, first on my 8330, and now on the S2. However, I would forget about it within a day if the OS6 Browser is all that.
    05-27-10 12:47 PM
    It's OK. But I got pretty frustrated with it after a while and went back to Opera Mini 2. It seems like the Bolt browser is best suited for non-touchscreen devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 01:14 PM
    I didnt like it at all and deleted it, the UI is terrible
    05-27-10 01:47 PM
    Ok. Thanks. That's what I suspected. Unfortunately, Opera is no longer working well for me either. Half the time clicking a link just re-loads the current page or a totally different link. And there are keyboard issues with it for me too. Might be a .607 issue rather than Opera itself though.
    05-27-10 02:10 PM
    My .02 cents for what it's worth. I used Bolt exclusively on my Pearl and it worked great. No complaints at all. Opera did not work for me at all on my Pearl, but switching to the Storm-2 I thought I'd give it a go. Tried the new Bolt, but Opera beats it hands down in my opinion. I don't need the bells and whistles, just a fast browser. I really like Bolt, but I prefer Opera on my Storm-2. Last note: Opera didn't work that well on my Pearl so it's hard to compare. One thing, Opera takes a little getting used to, Bolt is ready to use out of the box. Basically, download both and see what you like.
    05-27-10 09:24 PM
    I have. It's pretty much the same. I honestly haven't noticed a difference and Bolt is the browser I use most frequently.
    05-27-10 09:36 PM
    Im playing around with Bolt, and it can be very hard to click small icons because theres no zoom....but it is lightning fast and shows full websites like fb, not the mobile ones.
    05-27-10 09:39 PM
    It still feels very touchscreen unfriendly. Deleted within an hour of installing.
    I agree....it does not seem to be very touchscreen friendly. I was not impressed, and personally I went back to using OM5.
    05-27-10 10:49 PM
    I was a OM5 user till this update came along. Right now I'm travelling out of the US and let me tell you, Bolt beats the pants off of OM all the time...I especially love the facebook chat feature and the fact that websites load as full versions rather than the mobile ones in OM...

however, it is a tad bit unfriendly on the S2 but a lot better than before...
    05-28-10 03:20 AM
    i have a Tour. i have new Bolt and while it loads pages a bit faster now, it often loads them incompletely. It's pretty frustrating. A page will load with large while areas. i'll have to scroll down, away from the incompletely loaded area, then back up to have the images appear. Ugh. So, it's glitchy on non touch too!

05-28-10 05:52 AM
    I use it sparingly and agree it's not very touchscreen friendly. Nevertheless if you want to look at full HTML renderings, I like it - very fast. For mobile views I stick with the BB browser.
    05-28-10 07:20 AM
    It'd be the best browser available if you could zoom. Links are too small to click on a touchscreen but it does give you full web pages not just mobile ones. Developers if you're reading this... please add zoom!
    05-28-10 07:41 AM
    Sorry, I read none of this thread... Bolt blows! Period.

05-28-10 09:58 AM
    Decided to re-install Bolt last night.

I might keep it on. Wish it had a 'zoom' but it does render a page well. Very fast.
    05-30-10 08:43 AM
    Sorry, I read none of this thread... Bolt blows! Period.

Maybe on a BB Bold but that would be a very unfair rating on a BB Storm2
    05-30-10 08:45 AM
    No matter the advancements, I try Bolt intermittently and just can't take to it. If Opera Mobile could be engineered for Blackberry use, it would be perfect. Opera Mini just doesn't quite get there either. Blackberry browser is (unfortunately) the only day-to-day browser for my use on S2.
    05-30-10 10:15 AM
    ... now what we need is a marriage between the speed, tabbed browsing and favorites management of Bolt, and the smooth scrolling, zooming and inline editing features, and accurate rendering of the native BB browser...
    ahhh... that would be heaven...

Bolt does stand out (better than Opera Mini in my opinion) -- and way better than the native browser -- at loading VERY QUICKLY even desktop versions of media intensive sights like FIFA's official world cup site or cyclingnews.com.
    05-30-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD