Was wondering if anyone has used the accuweather app you can get from their website?

I have weatherbug right now, but am more familiar with and use accuweather.com all the time on the computer for checking the weather.

Didn't know if it was worth trying or if the weatherbug app is better.......
    02-10-09 08:38 PM
    I don't think its an app, just a web launcher....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:49 PM
    Well they have an app, but its not free and they have a "web signals service" which I'm guessing is just a web launcher
    Last edited by ThePerfectStorm; 02-10-09 at 09:00 PM.
    02-10-09 08:54 PM
    I got rid of Weatherbug and i'm using this. Sometimes it doesn't update the icon for a day or two.
    02-10-09 09:00 PM
    Weatherbug isn't all that great. Don't know much about accuweather though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 09:02 PM
    I have the newest WB - I think I need to do some extra setup to get back to the same look and feel of the older version. I definitely don't like the default new version.

I use a Jonathan Fisher Storm Launcher to click directly into the Active Radar of Accuweather - No Charge, thank you. The WB active radar is lame in comparison. In fact, I have yet to see a better display than the Accuweather active radar display.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-10-09 at 09:10 PM.
    02-10-09 09:07 PM
    I have the newest WB - I think I need to do some extra setup to get back to the same look and feel of the older version. I definitely don't like the default new version.

I use a Jonathan Fisher Storm Launcher to click directly into the Active Radar of Accuweather - No Charge, thank you. The WB active radar is lame in comparison. In fact, I have yet to see a better display than the Accuweather active radar display.

Doctor Neutron
    Yeah before I had my storm I used accuweather on my old "dumb" phone and the radar was amazing! For some odd reason though I can't get the radar to animate on my opera browser. If I could get it working right I'm probably gonna delete the weatherbug app and just quicklink accuweather into my opera bookmarks.......
    Last edited by ThePerfectStorm; 02-10-09 at 09:29 PM.
    02-10-09 09:14 PM
    I had the accuweather app thru at&t (3 month subscription for 9.99) but I didn't really like it, so I kept my my-cast app instead. their app is pretty bare, no frilly graphics or anything, but it's a good app and offers all the radar maps and stuff. all comes down to what you prefer. I will say that it's quite accurate for larger cities, but for smaller towns and rural areas it was a bit off (then again most of these weather apps can't be right 100% of the time)

my friend has accuweather for her storm and loves it. might have better graphics than it does on 8310.
    02-10-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD