I'm trying but get "QuickLaunch has installed or removed modules" message......
    and needs to reboot to save changes. I get that screen in the middle of the night triggered by my scheduled rest at 1:15 AM. I then have to touch the "Reboot Now" button to complete the "automatic" rest - kind of defeats the purpose.
    Anyone have this issue and know how to fix?
    By the way - had same issue with QuickPull app so decided to use QL feature for this purpose - now having same issue?

Using QL version 3.9 for my Bold 9930
    Edit/Delete Message
    09-24-11 08:31 AM
    Used the [email protected] address and got great step-by-step guidance to resolve the problem. The solution came when advised to do the procedure described in my earlier e-mail (set permissions to dent/save but don't reboot/reset permissions to allow/save/rreboot) only rather than setting/resetting just the 3 major permission categories he had me do it by all sub-permission categories. A little more laborious but successful.

I've had the QuickLaunch app since buying my Storm on its launch date and can't imagine being without it - knowing that there is solid technical support backing it up is icing on the cake.

Thanks nikkisoft!
    Edit/Delete Message
    09-24-11 02:29 PM
    Yes, works just fine on mine.
    09-24-11 03:45 PM
    Used the [email protected] address and got great step-by-step guidance to resolve the problem. The solution came when advised to do the procedure described in my earlier e-mail (set permissions to dent/save but don't reboot/reset permissions to allow/save/rreboot) only rather than setting/resetting just the 3 major permission categories he had me do it by all sub-permission categories. A little more laborious but successful.

I've had the QuickLaunch app since buying my Storm on its launch date and can't imagine being without it - knowing that there is solid technical support backing it up is icing on the cake.

Thanks nikkisoft!
    Edit/Delete Message
    Doesn't setting the 3 major categories set it for all within each of the 3?
    09-24-11 06:42 PM
    I was advised to do the procedure sub-permission by sub-permission and it worked so.......?
    09-24-11 09:58 PM
    I just want to add that it also works well on my Bold 9900 and with no issues at all.

I know the OP is asking about 9930, but I am posting this info in case some other user here wants to know if QL auto reboot work on 9900. My Bold 9900 auto re-boot every day at 6:00 am.
    09-24-11 10:38 PM
    Not 100% clear on this, but will fiddle with it.

I can't save the time correctly? It keeps defaulting to PM regardless of what I set it to and save when setting up reboot option.
    BTW... I couldn't even get QuickPull to run on my 9930 and QuickLaunch does a lot more of what I needed, so hope I can get the reboot working.
    10-01-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD