I got rid of VVM yesterday mostly becuase I was tired of paying 3 bucks a month for a voice mail app for Verizon.

after looking at apps in App World, I found 2 of them, YouMail, and Hullomail. I tried YouMail out first and didnt like it at all. To me it was confusing to set up, and anytime a caller sent me a voicemail, it would always show it was from a unknown caller even though they were in my contact list

Now I just got done setting up Hullomail and surprisingly I like this app A LOT. Very easy to set up, very good graphics and shows a picture next to whoever left you a voice mail or a missed call and very fast at receiving voice mails unlike VVM from Verizon which sometimes took an Hour to come through!

so who else is running HulloMail, and how do you like it so far?
    01-26-10 06:44 AM
    I've been using Hullomail for a few months now. I actually used to work in the same office with the Hullomail team in London, theyre a great bunch of guys.

As far as the app goes, what I love about it is that it sends you an SMS or email when someone calls and it goes straight to voicemail because this isnt a service that vodafone offer.

I was impressed with how easy it is to set up and how well it sets itself up - automatically creating a hullomail folder in your gmail inbox which makes finding old voicemails easy.

To be honest i rarely if ever use the visual voicemail side of the app because I find it slow and pointless - its much quicker just to dial into the mailbox and listen to the message.

Im happy to keep the ram free for other apps like Grooveshark
    01-26-10 10:41 AM
    I've been using Hullomail for a few months now. I actually used to work in the same office with the Hullomail team in London, theyre a great bunch of guys.

As far as the app goes, what I love about it is that it sends you an SMS or email when someone calls and it goes straight to voicemail because this isnt a service that vodafone offer.

I was impressed with how easy it is to set up and how well it sets itself up - automatically creating a hullomail folder in your gmail inbox which makes finding old voicemails easy.

To be honest i rarely if ever use the visual voicemail side of the app because I find it slow and pointless - its much quicker just to dial into the mailbox and listen to the message.

Im happy to keep the ram free for other apps like Grooveshark
    thanks for your review. However I edited Hullomail so it does not tell me if missed calls and I hated getting an sms or e-mail for something that my Tour already does without an app. I use Hullomail for the voice mail only as its nice to see who left a voice mail, how long the voice mail is, and what time they sent it, just by looking at the phone

seems to work much better then Verizons VVM that you have to pay for
    01-26-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD