Could someone with Bold running 4.6 post the URL to the jad file for Facebook 1.5.0.32?

OR

Could someone who's already running Facebook 1.5.0.32 do a 3rd party app backup and post it here or send it to me? It's up to you if you prefer to take other apps out of it or send me the full backup folder.

Thanks in advance to anyone able and willing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-29-09 at 10:53 AM.
    04-28-09 11:42 PM
    Ummm why??

04-29-09 01:23 AM
    id guess to get FB working on 5.0 OS
    04-29-09 02:22 AM
    id guess to get FB working on 5.0 OS
    DING DING DING!!!

Well, to try it anyway.
    04-29-09 03:26 AM
    Crap, I'm not at a computer, or I'd hook you up. Not being able to run FB is the only thing keeping me from upgrading to 5.0.
    04-29-09 03:27 AM
    Crap, I'm not at a computer, or I'd hook you up. Not being able to run FB is the only thing keeping me from upgrading to 5.0.
    Actually, I guess there might be an alternative... could you go to the download site and copy the url for the .jad file? If you don't know how to do that, here's how I'd do it if I were trying to get the URL fr Poynt's OTA .jad file:
    1. Go to the download site and click the link to download the software. Your screen should look like this:

2. Click the menu button and choose 'Page Address'

3. Copy the address it gives you into a reply to this post, comme ca:

As you can see, the location of Poynt's .jad file is: http://m.mypoynt.com/bb/9000/Poynt.jad

I'm after the one for FB 1.5.0.32 for the Bold. You can start by going here: http://mobile.blackberry.com
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-29-09 at 04:03 AM. Reason: andclick is not a word.
    04-29-09 03:56 AM
    Nobody? We need an emoticon that bats his eyelashes or something.

04-29-09 08:48 AM
    Original post edited. Sorry for the persistence, this will be my last bump unless someone replies. If it doesn't work I'll let it go I guess.

The first option should take all of 20 seconds or so using the illustrated steps above, and doesn't require you to have Facebook installed at all. The 3rd party app backup method would also still work.

04-29-09 10:56 AM
    Here ya go. http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ownloadServlet

04-29-09 02:54 PM
    mobile.blackberry.com

should be the 1st or second thing on the page
    04-29-09 05:03 PM
    Hmmm. Thanks guys, but either I'm not being clear enough or RIM has a fancy installer built for FB that doesn't involve a .jad file. Neither possibility would particularly surprise me.

Thanks, but that's not the jad file. The servlet link won't open in the 5.0 browser. Is that the actual installer? I wonder if they did this version completely without a jad file? If so, I guess the only way might be a 3rd party app backup via Desktop Manager.

mobile.blackberry.com

should be the 1st or second thing on the page
    I know where to find the software (see my post above with the same link you gave), but you can't get the website to give you a download link if you're on OS 5 like I am. That's why I need either the actual .jad file or a backup with the cod and alx file created by Desktop Manager.

04-29-09 07:00 PM
    I tried looking for the .jad file about a month ago and all I got was the downloadServlet page. You might be SOL.
    04-29-09 08:21 PM
    Sorry, followed the directions as above, but came up with the same results, the link is just to the servlet.
    04-29-09 10:43 PM
    Dang. Guess I'm back to my initial idea and begging someone to upload a 3rd party app backup. Thanks for looking into it for me, guys. I appreciate it.
    04-30-09 01:07 AM
    Hey digitalboy I'll try and hook you up after my shows are done. I've never backed up before so it might take me a few tries bit I'll def do this

04-30-09 01:22 AM
    Hey digitalboy I'll try and hook you up after my shows are done. I've never backed up before so it might take me a few tries bit I'll def do this

Awesome! Thank you! Since this is your first time doing a 3rd Party app backup, here's a very well-written post on how to do it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

It's actually not a very difficult process. From there if you've ever looked at xml code before, editing the alx file to only include the app(s) you want to be able to install from DM is a compete breeze, and if you don't want to do the text editing and trimming of unnecessary files, I'm completely happy to do that part. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again... being able to know for sure whether this is the version that brings compatibility to OS 5 is a pretty big deal around here!
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-30-09 at 02:11 AM.
    04-30-09 01:51 AM
    me too......
    04-30-09 06:03 AM
    Man, those are some LOONNNNG shows!
    04-30-09 10:13 PM
    Ahhh.....So I'm guessing the Bold has the same FB issue. I wonder if anyone has tried this on an 8900.....Do you still need that backup, if so I'll post mine if you think it'll work.
    05-01-09 08:27 PM
    digitalb0y: Were you ever able to get a hold of FB 1.5 for the Bold?

I want to install it install it so I can get the calendar sync features back. If you are able to ship the JAD for FB 1.5 for the Bold, that would be fabulous. Thanks! im91367(at)yahoo.com
    07-01-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD