No matter how many times I try to download it OTA from the opera mini website, it won't download. I've tried on different days, pulled battery, etc. It just does nothing when you try to download the program. Any tips?

Can this program even be ran on the Bold?
    06-10-09 05:27 PM
    Certainly weird. I've downloaded it from the Opera Mini website directly from my phone OTA and it runs fine on my phone.

What's the error message you're getting?
    06-10-09 05:30 PM
    I've downloaded it several times but kept deleting it. It just never worked to my satisfaction and I don't care for it at all. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 05:31 PM
    Yep, it ran fine on my Bold.
    06-10-09 05:34 PM
    Runs fine for me. I'm starting to like Bolt's Beta browser more though... Try that one instead?
    06-10-09 05:49 PM
    Yeah Bolt is better, Opera Mini runs on my Bold, but its kinda crappy so I don't even use it

06-10-09 06:06 PM
    Did you try installing the alternate, signed versions?
    06-10-09 06:26 PM
    Works for me but I think I might switch to Bolt here pretty quick
    06-10-09 07:07 PM
    I had no problems installing it, it works ok, like Bolt much better
    06-10-09 08:18 PM
    Are you going to Opera Portal from your mobile phone to download it? That's where you need to get it. You can also have them send you an sms text by visiting this link from your desktop: Opera Mini - Download

Contrary to the others, I much prefer Opera Mini to Bolt. Guess I'm just used to it, and I find it to be faster at rendering pages. I also don't have to scroll as much in Opera in mobile view, as you can use left/right scrolling to move up/down a page at a time without having to use the space bar or manually scroll. To me, this makes navigating a web page much faster, but to each his own.
    06-10-09 08:40 PM
    I never heard of Bolt. Will check it out.
    THanks!!!
    06-17-09 12:13 AM
    I've downloaded it several times but kept deleting it. It just never worked to my satisfaction and I don't care for it at all. Good luck!

Yup my views exactly. Just kept stopping for me and just wasnt happy with it.
    06-17-09 12:57 AM
    i installed it then deleted it ....
    06-17-09 01:43 AM
    Opera Mini runs fine on my Bold but I'm not liking that browser. Bolt installs but doesn't work properly. When I input a web address it just doesn't go anywhere. In a nutshell when I start the browser, the homepage loads up and that's it. Can't do nothing else. Anyone else experienced this?
    06-17-09 02:47 AM
    Opera Mini is THE best browser bar none. Page zooming and panning, bookmark syncing, page rendering: just better than anything else.

I seriously can't understand others thinking any different.

Bolt is fine, sure enough, but in comparison I find the navigation, bookmarks and page entry to be clunky.

06-17-09 03:17 AM
    Opera Mini is THE best browser bar none. Page zooming and panning, bookmark syncing, page rendering: just better than anything else.

I seriously can't understand others thinking any different.

Bolt is fine, sure enough, but in comparison I find the navigation, bookmarks and page entry to be clunky.

I couldn't agree more with this post. I love Opera on my Bold. Runs smooth and works great.
    Bolt just wasn't as good, I don't think.
    06-17-09 05:20 AM
    Can I just install the Generic Advanced MIDP 2 version? or should I just install one of the blackberry versions? If the BB version with one will be the best for my bold?

Thanks
    06-29-09 09:05 PM
    I couldn't agree more with this post. I love Opera on my Bold. Runs smooth and works great.
    Bolt just wasn't as good, I don't think.
    +1 for sure. Very smooth, fast, and navigable.
    06-29-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD