My Google Sync has never failed to sync (it's set to sync automatically) until a couple of days ago when I installed .713. Ever since, I get frequent "Google Sync Failed" results. Battery pulls don't seem to have any positive effect, nor has deleting and reinstalling Google Sync, nor has wiping and reinstalling the OS. It usually works after 2 to 4 failures in a row.

UPDATE on 06/23...

This seems to have been an issue with Google, not related to .713 or any BB/OS problem. Now you don't have to read this whole thread.
    Last edited by grey; 06-23-10 at 02:58 PM.
    06-19-10 07:10 PM
    works like a champ here, on 713.
    06-19-10 07:15 PM
    Ultimately, it's working for me as well, just not with the consistency that it did on other OS's. Maybe it will work itself out.
    06-19-10 07:23 PM
    I tried it after reading this thread and it failed once out of 3 times I tried. That was the first time it's ever happened to me. I'm on .713.
    06-19-10 07:26 PM
    I never even tried it before .713 so I can't speak to its functionality on older OSs but I've had no issues with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 07:50 PM
    It's also possible that Google is having intermittent server/sync issues the past day or two.
    06-19-10 08:55 PM
    No issues here at all. But I have always gotten failure notices every once and a while.

06-19-10 09:08 PM
    I usually have no problems with my google sync, but last night I kept getting a failure notice. After two or three fails, I just went to bed. I am still on .517 so it might just be a google hiccup and not a new OS issue.

UPDATE #1: I just tried another manual sync and failed again. I recently added a bunch of contacts to my gmail account online from laptop, but I don't see how this would create problems downloading them and syncing to my storm2. This sucks.

UPDATE #2: It is now he morning of June 21 and I still cannot sync. Tried logging out then back in again. Still failed. Time to start hitting the google boards.

Last edited by vegan411; 06-21-10 at 09:11 AM.
    06-19-10 10:10 PM
    Once in a blue moon, I'll also get a sync failure. I don't think the issue is related to the OS version, as I've seen it on several versions. Mostly I just let the sync work automatically. It's rare that I need to sync manually, so I don't use the interface very often. It syncs up quickly enough on "auto".
    06-19-10 10:14 PM
    Same problem here. GS has always worked fine for me, but it won't sync since I updated to the new OS.

06-20-10 04:55 PM
    Working like a champ for me.
    06-20-10 05:40 PM
    Mine's not working either. Just installed .713 on Friday. I think a good question may be is there anyone out there running a different OS experiencing errors?
    06-20-10 06:26 PM
    I've been having troubles as well. I finally just kept hitting "Sync" enough times, after receiving many failures, and It did eventually sync. But something screwy is definitely occurring.
    06-20-10 07:19 PM
    I'm having much increased sync trouble as well. This afternoon, as an experiment, after repeated failures, I logged in to wifi, and it worked well and quickly. I think this is a problem with connectivity between Verizon and Google -- syncing is slow, and maybe timing out? I'm not sure this is a .713 problem at all -- may just be coincidence.

Gary
    06-20-10 08:35 PM
    I just installed the latest hybrid for my Storm 1 and I am having issue now. I got a few calendar entries to sync, but the contacts are struggling. I have had 3 failures so far.
    06-20-10 08:52 PM
    I'm having much increased sync trouble as well. This afternoon, as an experiment, after repeated failures, I logged in to wifi, and it worked well and quickly. I think this is a problem with connectivity between Verizon and Google -- syncing is slow, and maybe timing out? I'm not sure this is a .713 problem at all -- may just be coincidence.

Gary
    I've tried both on WIFI and over the network, same problems in either case. I'm not extremely concerned about it...yet. I'm hoping that it is a google issue that will be resolved and not something else going on--I've been pretty happy with the performance I've been getting out of .713 otherwise.
    06-20-10 11:26 PM
    Not sure for what its worth but after upgrading My OS OTA, I had the same problem, since I sync Multiple calendars I throttled it. I got one calendar synced then did another, etc until I got ALL the data at once and then did a full sync and it was fine. Seems to be a bandwidth issue to me, oh and Google Calendar was having issues like all weekend.
    06-21-10 06:00 AM
    I have a Storm running .328 on Verizon. I haven't been able to sync in several days. I followed the suggestion to sign out, which of course, wiped out the calendar. For some reason the contacts are still there, even though I have both calendar and contacts checked to sync.

Not sure why I put up with this app. Perhaps it's time for a change.
    06-21-10 09:06 AM
    Failed for me 4 times over BIS today. I then tried on WiFi and, while it was VERY slow - took about 5min, it worked!

I'm on .713
    06-21-10 10:57 AM
    I attempted the logout and reset all contacts and calendar events multiple times. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Google Sync software multiple times with no luck. I would get half-way through my 1400 phone entries and the sync failed message appears. The only answer I found on other forums was to use the the Blackberry Desktop Manager to COMPLETELY remove all traces of sync. I then updated by Blackberry Tour to the latest software. Then re-installed Google Sync. ALL IS WELL!!! It appears that uninstalling through the phone tools does not do a total cleaning of the remnants from the problems of previous syncs. Be sure your database is backed up before you start. The contacts and calendar entries on the phone are wiped clean.
    06-21-10 10:59 AM
    I have a Storm running .328 on Verizon. I haven't been able to sync in several days. I followed the suggestion to sign out, which of course, wiped out the calendar. For some reason the contacts are still there, even though I have both calendar and contacts checked to sync.

Not sure why I put up with this app. Perhaps it's time for a change.
    I literally haven't had a single problem with it up until now, and I've been using it for close to 2 years...
    06-21-10 12:10 PM
    No sync issues yet...
    06-21-10 12:13 PM
    I'm having Google Sync problems today as well. I have used Google Sync on my BB 8330/8530 for the past year+ w/o any issues until today when I received the Sync Failed message. I tried upgrading to the latest 073 version of Google Sync w/o luck.

I tried the suggestions in Post #20 including wiping Google Sync off using the BB Desktop Manager and reinstalling. Unfortunately, I continue to get the Sync Failed message.

I'll continue to monitor here and hope someone finds the cure for this otherwise excellent service.
    06-21-10 03:45 PM
    WHEN are u guys getting sync failures? It's rare that I do a manual sync, but even then, it works ok on 713 for me.
    06-21-10 04:09 PM
    I've had failures for both automatic and manual syncs. Because the syncs appear to be timing out, I've tried doing manual syncs repeatedly, and finally just had a successful calendar sync which restored the calendar. I immediately tried a sync just for the contacts, and that failed. I assume that suggests a Verizon-Google communication problem.
    06-21-10 04:18 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD