Really interested in this paid version of this app. Just curious if anyone with the 8530 has this paid version of BatteryEx.

Curious if the Standby mode actually works since most 5.0 softwares doesnt have this anymore. Like the free version and considering buying. Also does the turning off radio actual help save battery when little or no signal.

Thanks
    07-25-10 02:57 PM
    No help :-(
    07-25-10 06:55 PM
    So decided to buy. Its a good product with good features.

The "standby" mode isn't like the old OS modes. It is just the keylock mode that we already have. But this just puts it into keylock mode after so long. Which is nice if you forget to hold "A"

The turn radio off seems good. After so long of no or low signal (mine is set to 20 seconds) it will go to radio off. But you decide when it to go back on. So if your just in crappy area or room this will work good. But if your in bad area for a while, this seems like it will keep turnin off, waiting however you set it to and turning back on. And then repeat if still no signal. But still will keep phone from searching nonstop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 10:52 PM
    Posted this in the 3rd party app section in the BatteryEx topic, but figured post it here too

Ok I purchased this yesterday. I was looking for Standby mode because most 8530's OS 5.0 only have Keylock

So I installed this and all features are great, except Standby mode. This does put your phone into a mode after so long (mine is 15 seconds) but for my phone it puts it into "KEYLOCK" mode. Standby basically puts your phone in a sleep mode and saves more battery. Keylock just locks the keys. So this app for my phone does not help save my battery for the Standby function.

Sent feedback to the creators to let them know of this problem.
    07-26-10 06:35 PM
    So no replies but still gonna give my feedback and opinion. lol

I wanted this app for mainly standby mode. To help save battery, but since it does not have this feature i am deleting. I will just use free version to see battery percent . I can put the phone in Keylock mode in one click so this doesnt help me. And rarely in bad reception area so another feature not needed. Waiting to hear if i get a refund or not
    07-26-10 09:44 PM
    Im just trying to figure out how to add skins.
    07-27-10 01:18 AM
    Thank you for the input and experience, I have the free version and think its a great addition that I don't want to do without now! I don't know if the paid features would be useful to me mostly because I get good coverage just about everywhere and know where I don't so I can turn radio off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD