- CrackBerry User
- 54 Posts
Anyone have information on when RSA SecurID be coming to BB10?
Our corporate VPN solution uses RSA SecurID. I've been nursing my 9700 along for the past year in
anticipation of getting a BB10 device asap, and am really hoping RSA don't drag their heels on the port
to BB10....any insiders care to share the development status with us? ;-)
## title edit: "when RSA SecurID *will/should/ought to* be coming..." sorry ;-)
- 02-12-13, 09:14 PM #3
I'm gonna bump this, because my shop is actually conducting a BES10 implementation, and we use the current BB SecureID client.
Any ideas?“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- 02-13-13, 09:54 AM #4
I just looked on their web site again and the newest document I could find was dated 10/12/2012 for version 3.5.2, It still shows supported versions of BB OS 220.127.116.111.
I wonder if a Droid version would work since BB10 I have seen posts about using other Droid app on BB10.
- 02-15-13, 02:25 PM #9“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- 02-16-13, 02:36 PM #12
I was able to sideload the RSA app as well this afternoon after I converted it to a bar file. I may have made an error because even though i turned wifi on it still is asking me to turn it on for the setup.
Question to Bill. How were you able to install the token?
- 02-17-13, 06:30 AM #13
I've managed to create the bar file (using bluestack to recover apk and PlayBook .apk to .bar converter) :
- Have a working wifi connection
- Reboot your device
- Sideload RSA Secureid app (using DDPB Installer or better)
- Reboot your device, again
- In the meantime, download the token convertor from RSA : ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.com/pub/agents...nverter261.zip
- Once unzipped, copy your token file (in my case was a sdtid file) in the same directory.
- Open a command prompt and browse to that directory.
Type the following command : TokenConverter.exe yourtokenfile.sdtid -android
- You'll get an url looking like this one : Code:
- Launch RSA SecureId
- Press menu in the Android Player (bottom right), import token and there paste the url you generated.
If you have a message asking you turn on wifi, try to follow Bill-NS steps : Anyone have information on when RSA SecurID be coming to BB10?
Note: The sdtid file is probably by the hands of someone from your IT. You can't extract it from you secureid app on BB OS 7 and below.
Hope this help.
Last edited by Coooly; 05-12-13 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Thanks to Bill-NS, adding steps to avoid wifi error message.
- 02-17-13, 05:19 PM #16
I'll start playing around with the gateways and BB10 when you enable the VPN. I hate the fact that RSA is only used for iPhone users at the moment. BB is the business tool as well. Wish me luck in my venture.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-18-13, 05:30 PM #19
- 8 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have run into a strange issue that someone referenced earlier in the thread:
No matter what I do, the app tells me that I need to turn on Wi-fi and that no data will be sent over the network. Wifi is on and working, so I don't get why that error is occurring.
Has anyone seen this issue and been able to resolve it?
Thanks for any help!
- 02-18-13, 05:40 PM #20No matter what I do, the app tells me that I need to turn on Wi-fi and that no data will be sent over the network. Wifi is on and working, so I don't get why that error is occurring.
Settings->Network Connections->wifi-> Saved
Then it brought up the list. I tapped on each and deleted them.
After that i didnt get the error message anymore.
- CrackBerry User
02-19-13, 11:45 AM #21
- 44 Posts
Thanks Cooly for posting your work around. I just got this working as well using your instructions. How were you planning to roll this out? Were you going to side load on other users or were you planning to put it up on Blackberry World - Work? Are you planning to simply email them that http://securid/ path for their various tokens?
- 02-21-13, 08:55 AM #24
Damn... apparently I should have subscribed to this thread...
Couple things... The .bar cannot be pushed out via the BES10 server. Currently only local QNX files (not QNX\Android) and BB World files can be pushed.
Because the sideloaded file resides in the Personal partition of a BES10 connected phone, there are a few caveats.
If you're conencted to a work wifi network(one that's pushed via a BES10 wifi profile), that network must be available to Personal partition apps. You can make this change on the BB10 device or via the security profile on the BES10. This is just a one time thing that the app needs network connectivity.
To provision (import) the token, unfortunately I had to manually transcribe the very long url into the phone.
We use RSA Authentication manager 7.1. I installed the Android 1.x profile and created a token file. The token file then needs to be converted by RSA's Android Token Convertor. That converts the token file to a url.
The Android app shows a hardware id that is used to create the token in the first place... It's no longer the BB PIN.
The reason I couldn't email the url to the device and copy/paste it is that you can't copy paste from work partition to personal partition. So if the BB10 device has a non-corporate email address (hotmail, gmail..) then email the url to that address and copy/paste to the RSA app.... otherwise you're manually typing in the address.
Sorry, not going to submit my .bar, but there is an online site that should work just fine to create the .bar.
Think that's it... so far I've got it working on 3 Z10's and a playbook. Not sure why RSA doesn't just push it out to App World. The app works fine... see no reason for the hold up.
- By audijeep in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 23Last Post: 02-03-13, 07:04 AM
- By Ethrem in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 12Last Post: 07-23-09, 07:11 PM
- By richard371 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 34Last Post: 02-13-09, 05:57 AM
- By slumpbuster in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 10-15-08, 12:23 AM
- By nikos in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 09-21-08, 06:10 AM