Has anyone had opera mini running noticeably slow on Sprint?
    Im running an 8830 w/ 4.5.0.160 and normally it works great, pages load pretty fast with images quality on high even.

but for the past few days, especially since the RIM BIS outage this past sunday, it is going super slow, and times out all the time.

Anyone seeing this too?

I hope it is an opera server issue, and has nothing to do with sprint cutting tethering off, since opera uses an APN tunnel....
    10-21-09 02:43 AM
    but I have just looked and apparently I have used 1102987 KB this month!!!
    10-21-09 02:45 AM
    Yes I've noticed the same thing. I thought it was just the location where I was having poor reception. But then I checked the Blackberry and Bolt browsers and they are faster. Curious now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 03:47 AM
    looks like I'll be using bolt for a bit.
    does it support downloads to the SD card?
    10-21-09 03:51 AM
    also, that does tell me it is an Opera issue, which will probably get fixed.
    Glad its not sprint throttling the tunnel.
    10-21-09 03:51 AM
    Yes I can save files to the media card with Bolt. Haven't done a lot, just wallpaper. I also use Bolt in desktop mode to log me into the Sprint site. Still like Opera better for my needs.

10-21-09 04:20 AM
    Nice, opera has some strange issue trying to get in the sprint site.
    I also think opera has a cleaner look, and is pretty fast when it is working right.

I am playing with bolt now.
    10-21-09 04:35 AM
    Enjoy! The only real issue I have with Bolt is the cursor is jumpy when send info through their side on logins. Otherwise, it's pretty slick.

10-21-09 04:43 AM
    I used Opera mini for a while, but recently switched to Bolt. I am liking it so far. Seems a little faster to me.
    10-21-09 08:56 AM
    Definitely some issue..i found since saturday it was running kinda slow. Did a run on both browsers,seems the regular browser is beating it now by 2-3 seconds.
    03-05-12 11:36 PM
    Ha! Its been a year and a half... I switched to Android the months ago. Got the epic touch 4g for $80 on Amazon in December. Couldn't be happier.
    You wouldn't miss any browser on the bb. The stock Android browser is amazing.
    03-05-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD