wow just wow anybody else think we've all waited just to get a subpar app world...most almost All of the apps/games were availible long before app world came out what a jip I myself will be looking into selling my storm now definetly this is just too much ...garbage phone...garbage os and now garbage app world You people can keep your paperwieghts I'm going to Rogers to get an Iphone
    04-01-09 08:39 AM
    Give it time the iphone was peice a crap when it first came out and now its a pretty good phone . even though its wants to be a storm . and the app store for it was ok at first but now it has more than people can imagine so just give it time . some developers are still working on apps around the clock.....
    04-01-09 08:43 AM
    wow just wow anybody else think we've all waited just to get a subpar app world...most almost All of the apps/games were availible long before app world came out what a jip I myself will be looking into selling my storm now definetly this is just too much ...garbage phone...garbage os and now garbage app world You people can keep your paperwieghts I'm going to Rogers to get an Iphone
    LOL its been live for all of what, 8hrs?

have fun with Rogers.
    04-01-09 08:45 AM
    Give it time the iphone was peice a crap when it first came out and now its a pretty good phone . even though its wants to be a storm . and the app store for it was ok at first but now it has more than people can imagine so just give it time . some developers are still working on apps around the clock.....
    Why are they working around the clock? It would seem to make more sense to work around their computers and their BB's ;-)

To the original OP, go get an Iphone then, don't whine to us about how much you hate your storm. The App store is brand new and since the revenue stream is also brand new it will take some time to get the Apps up and running. BB's approval also takes some time as they are trying to ensure people like you don't whine about an App not working properly.
    04-01-09 08:48 AM
    I do if you actually have to have a paypal account to download ??? I dont buy things off the internet.
    Why cant I just download it to my phone I dont understand.
    04-01-09 08:49 AM
    I do if you actually have to have a paypal account to download ??? I dont buy things off the internet.
    Why cant I just download it to my phone I dont understand.
    umm, what?

You need a paypal account to pay for the apps that require payment.

Free ones dont require paypal
    04-01-09 08:51 AM
    You people can keep your paperwieghts I'm going to Rogers to get an Iphone
    Damn! You're still here? Please, just go! No announcement is nessesary!

BTW it's paperweights, not paperwieghts! Maybe the iphone has a better spellcheck!!
    04-01-09 08:54 AM
    Someone woke up with sand in their ******
    04-01-09 08:54 AM
    hey jaywrm --

i'm <<almost>> with you, although I gotta believe what jdmoore81 wrote, namely give it time.

IMHO -- App World doesn't suck too much. I found a few apps on there that I'd been waiting for (Shazam, LiveStrong Calorie Counter) that I don't think were available beforehand, so it's definitely a step forward.

I agree, though, that the iPhone just has an overall better look and feel. (I CAN'T STAND the keyboard on the Storm.) If it's any consolation, I just but a MacBook Air!

Hang in there pal -- competition is what we need.
    04-01-09 08:55 AM
    umm, what?

You need a paypal account to pay for the apps that require payment.

Free ones dont require paypal

I thought you needed a paypal account just to download it ???
    04-01-09 08:58 AM
    It just launched the app store wasnt great on its first day so be realistic, but if you hate your storm by all means don't let the door hit you on the way.....
    04-01-09 08:58 AM
    Another of these posts? WTH? It's just gone online. How 'bout giving it some time? As I said in another thread like this one....first, folks complained about the lack of an app world. Then they complain about the lack of apps, and now they're complaining the apps aren't free. Just what do people expect? Takes time, developers and there has to be compensation. Do people expect programmers to just sit around all day working on free applications for devices? They have to make a living don't they? Good grief these boards are ridiculous sometimes. Give it to me now, give me the best and give it to me free. That about it?
    04-01-09 08:59 AM
    wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    04-01-09 09:00 AM

Now that's the positive attitude I like to see in forums. I remember in the early days of the Internet, people posting on Bulletin Boards, "Dude, no images, WTF. I'm going back to CompuServe.

Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was the iPhone, nor will the perfect Storm. If you can't be part of the solution, the IPhone is an option. Drink the Apple Kool-Aid, and get in line with the herd. The world needs wool.

BTW, Apple is running a brand new promotion, buy an iPhone with a two year agreement, and get their latest product release free.
    04-01-09 09:05 AM
    Enjoy your iPhone. To be honest I'm not impressed with app world but I'm also not disappointed. It was released on time and has some apps I am interested in. Give it some time its day 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 09:06 AM
    Ok go for it why are you telling us??

04-01-09 09:07 AM
    Now that's the positive attitude I like to see in forums. I remember in the early days of the Internet, people posting on Bulletin Boards, "Dude, no images, WTF. I'm going back to CompuServe.

Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was the iPhone, nor will the perfect Storm. If you can't be part of the solution, the IPhone is an option. Drink the Apple Kool-Aid, and get in line with the herd. The world needs wool.
    Well said.

04-01-09 09:08 AM
    I thought you needed a paypal account just to download it ???
    negative ghostrider!
    04-01-09 09:17 AM
    I'll give you 50 bucks for it.
    04-01-09 09:22 AM
    wow just wow anybody else think we've all waited just to get a subpar app world...most almost All of the apps/games were availible long before app world came out
    What... did you expect RIM to develop all the apps that are supposed to fill it?

what a jip
    What exactly are you out of that constitutes you being Jipped?

I myself will be looking into selling my storm now definetly this is just too much ...garbage phone...garbage os and now garbage app world You people can keep your paperwieghts I'm going to Rogers to get an Iphone
    Cya
    04-01-09 09:28 AM
    ok first off you'll have to excuse my typing/spelling IM TYPING ON A STORM.
    As for the rest of the comments you guys are all right I realise that it's the first day it will take time but come on how long is it going to take to bring the storm up to a level playing field as the iphone? a year, two years Rim has had lots of time since the invention of the iphone to get there act together and stop putting out a dozen devices that do exactly the same thing...turning the pearl into a flip phone? did we really need that.
    Nothing and I repeat NOTHING in the app store takes advantage of the Storms hardware that is why I think the phone is garbage it may be a fantastic device but until Rim decides to take advantage of the hardware I'm not going to be satisfied it's just common sense don't sell a device promising it will be at least be competition for the iphone and then dissapoint everyone by not letting it live up to it's potential and just letting it live in the realm of business device with ****ty apps for corperate shills IT CAN BE MORE IT CAN BE FUN TOO.
    Sorry to disapoint all you old men/women that keep giving me **** for saying the Storm is garbage but I guess if all I wanted was a phone that could recieve email and go online I would be happy I guess I just expect more out of top of the line devices oh well my mistake
    04-01-09 09:42 AM
    In all the furore of the RIM App Store, you may not have noticed this little gem that launched a day earlier MobiHand launches BlackBerry app store; can it compete? : Boy Genius Report

Mobihand are the folks who run the CrackBerry Store. Have a look and give them a try too BlackBerry App Store is the address from a PC but there's an OTA lonk on the page too.
    04-01-09 09:44 AM
    wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    lmaooo agreed
    04-01-09 09:50 AM
    The excuses are comical. Just because something is new doesn't give it the right to be crappy. LOL. Companies do this crap to us all the time. They release an unfinished product because they know we will buy and then send out updates periodically because they knew what they put out in the first place sucked. Apple did it with the iPhone and RIM did it with the Storm. That's why I am not loyal to any brand or company because they all just want our money. Instead of making excuses, just face the reality that somethings stinks, and hopefully it will get better.

It's also funny how people start to insult others because they are not in love with something just as much. That attitude is far to prevalent on this website.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-01-09 at 09:59 AM.
    04-01-09 09:51 AM
    Hopefully they'll add more apps. There are only 14 right now and I didn't care for them too much.
    04-01-09 09:51 AM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD