faCEBOOK IS THE ONLY APP I HAVE ON PHONE AND ITS KIKLLING MY MEMORY, IS THERE A FIX TO THIS
    12-06-09 07:17 AM
    You could delete it and see if your leak persists. Are you running any 3rd party themes?
    12-06-09 07:23 AM
    The leak is there...

I'v deleted the app and strickly use the browser version and texts to fbook to update my status. Stupid how we have these lame memory leaks. They give us limited space and it gets eaten up by leaks. LAME
    12-06-09 08:08 AM
    Yes, the facebook app leaks terribly even when it's closed. Some people claim the new release fixed that, but even with the new update it would leak constantly even when it was closed. I would lose like 14MB with it and now with it deleted I only lose about .8MB total.
    12-06-09 10:46 AM
    This has been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember. I deleted the app, and use the mobile web. Facebook isnt important enough to me to have the push notifications. Set the email settings to warn you and log into mobile web, and then bye bye memory leak.
    12-06-09 10:57 AM
    i dont have any problems
    12-06-09 01:29 PM
    i dont have any problems
    Some people don't experience the leaking and others, like myself and those in this thread, experience it. It's a matter of each device acting differently.
    12-06-09 01:52 PM
    Sorry to bring up an old subject, but seriously. FB app leaks memory like crazy! Before I installed it, I had around 20mb left on my Storm, and now I have to pull the battery almost every day because it drops to under 1mb and gets stuck on the hourglass.
    01-23-11 10:15 PM
    Sorry to bring up an old subject, but seriously. FB app leaks memory like crazy! Before I installed it, I had around 20mb left on my Storm, and now I have to pull the battery almost every day because it drops to under 1mb and gets stuck on the hourglass.
    .. not a leak... notice the clear cache menu when you go to facebook options?
    that is because everytime you open facebook, an amount of memory is used to cache your friend's status update and notifications... the memory is there but it's just being temporarily used.. clear cache in the facebook option and a restart should put it right back..

you can thank me only if it helps..

*just my 2p
    01-26-11 10:43 AM
    Thanks, it's better now because I have a Storm 2. It's weird to me that the two apps that clog up my phone's memory the most are Facebook and the App store, and they're actually from Blackberry.
    06-05-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD