The title speaks for itself. I'm looking for an SMS application that displays SMS texts as conversations, kind like the Treo. I want it to be like an instant messenger client except for my SMS texts.

Does anyone know of an application like this? I've been looking for 2+ hours and haven't found anything decent enough.

I will take any advice

Thanks!
    01-17-09 09:24 PM
    on the first page of this forum...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fin...pp-beta-79394/

not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it supposedly makes the sms threaded, like the treo.
    01-17-09 09:40 PM
    That's actually exactly what I was looking for.
    01-17-09 09:43 PM
    BBText2IM is another one, haven't tried either though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 10:59 PM
    me neither, IMO with the 3jam program I don't understand the concept of actually paying for their beta program, or if that's even what they meant by the "7 day trial" period. I just hope one wouldn't have to pay for it.

it's met with good reviews so... I personally thought the treo had the best UI with their sms of all phones.
    Last edited by ninja please; 01-18-09 at 01:43 AM.
    01-18-09 01:40 AM
    I've tried both and, while they offer some functionality, I can't see spending the money for either. Nether work as cleanly as do the Treo or iPhone solutions. That and my new message indicator would always be on. making me seem more imporant than I really am!

The 3Jam concept bothers me beyond the little auto-mark deficiency - I don't like the idea of having one more entity with access to my communications.
    01-18-09 02:57 AM
    This would be a great app if someone could get it going. All of the time people are requesting this. I have tried both, but they really don't capture the idea all of the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:40 PM
    maybe rim should step up and put a threaded sms feature in their os. it's surprising they haven't done it yet.
    01-18-09 01:04 PM
    I don't understand the concept of actually paying for their beta program, or if that's even what they meant by the "7 day trial" period. I just hope one wouldn't have to pay for it.
    u don't have to pay for it. just keep reinstalling it every seven days. haha

i just bookmark the location of the .jad file
    01-18-09 04:32 PM
    u don't have to pay for it. just keep reinstalling it every seven days. haha

i just bookmark the location of the .jad file
    meh, that's a pain in my *** I don't need. not worth the trouble lol
    01-19-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD