I currently use Twitter for Blackberry because I like it much better than Ubersocial, but I've noticed that while scrolling through my timeline, I often get the dreaded wait timer.

Does anybody else experience this?

Im using version 2.0.0.19
    11-15-11 09:24 AM
    I currently use Twitter for Blackberry because I like it much better than Ubersocial, but I've noticed that while scrolling through my timeline, I often get the dreaded wait timer.

Does anybody else experience this?

Im using version 2.0.0.19
    It occassionally needs to refresh and pull down more information plus new tweets/messages as you scroll, it can't display what it hasn't fetched.
    11-15-11 10:01 AM
    It occassionally needs to refresh and pull down more information plus new tweets/messages as you scroll, it can't display what it hasn't fetched.
    I get that, but it happens in the middle of scrolling and sometimes there is up to a 1 min wait where my phone is unusable.

I've never had this problem before until I started using this version
    11-15-11 10:53 AM
    I get that, but it happens in the middle of scrolling and sometimes there is up to a 1 min wait where my phone is unusable.

I've never had this problem before until I started using this version
    I wonder if you have it set for a large number of tweets per refresh, that would definitely lock things up. Mine's set for 15 minute refresh and 20 per refresh. That way as I scroll it holds up for just a few seconds while it fetches more.
    11-15-11 11:17 AM
    I get it as well. As a heavy twitter user mine is set to fetch 100 updates at 5 minute intervals but even so I can get the spinning clock and a pause while composing an update.

Can be pretty annoying if I think I've typed the message then click tweet on the screen and it seems to noticed I've pressed tweet but didn't seem to notice anything I typed after it decided to pause so I get half a tweet posted!
    11-15-11 11:45 AM
    Let's clarify something: the spinng clock you both refer to is the green loading circle at the bottom of the Twitter app or the black system wait clock?
    11-15-11 12:08 PM
    Not really but I often get slow loading tweets.
    That could be due to my GPRS, no 3G for me sadly.
    11-15-11 12:13 PM
    Let's clarify something: the spinng clock you both refer to is the green loading circle at the bottom of the Twitter app or the black system wait clock?
    The black system wait clock
    11-15-11 02:05 PM
    I don't get the clock but my timeline freezes a lot while scrolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 05:40 PM
    The black system wait clock
    Could be a collision of network traffic if you're on a slower mobile connection, mine slows down when I'm not on a WiFi network; also could be other apps wanting priority in the background.

I don't get the clock but my timeline freezes a lot while scrolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is exactly what happens with mine on 3G, with the green loading circle at the bottom. I never see it on WiFi, nor does it freeze.
    11-15-11 05:48 PM
    The black system waiting clock. Not dependant on connection, can happen on GPRS, 3G or UMA via 30meg Wi-Fi
    11-24-11 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD