Yet another app hyped by CB. Unable to get the thing to work no matter how good the photo of the card is.

Anybody able to get this app to work?
    01-01-10 09:26 PM
    This app really has problems..
    - does not scroll properly
    - does not handle device rotation
    - problems with the edit after scan screen
    - can't scroll to see anything.
    - can't hide the keyboard
    - following import into contacts
    all address is in HOME1 field. City, State. Postal code..
    at least default to Business.

I can say that the OCR did read the Card good. Just too many bugs to be useful as it it... Surly I would not pay for it like it is..
    01-03-10 01:27 PM
    I can say that the OCR did read the Card good. Just too many bugs to be useful as it it... Surly I would not pay for it like it is..
    That's more than it did for me Tried several cards, all different zooms, different lighting conditions, etc etc. Wouldn't read one of 'em.
    01-03-10 04:44 PM
    I've never used a card reader app that worked unless the business card is as plain as day with the simplest of fonts and the simplest layout. The card can't be more than a name and address or else you'll need to do so much editing after the fact that it makes more sense to just manually enter the info.
    01-03-10 04:56 PM
    the only one that worked the best was the scanR app...it was a subscription based app hence I didn't go with it, but nothing I have seen since can convert cards to contacts the way that app does...
    01-03-10 10:16 PM
    I loaded it up over the weekend and have yet to be able to get a good scan. I can enter Biz Card data faster by hand than taking the time to edit the poor entry in the fields from the scan. This product is pure JUNK.

To add insult to injury, there is no way to get your money back. I contacted Digital River who processes the card. They tell me to contact RIM. RIM tells me to contact Shape. Then who do you think Shape sends me back to.. RIM!

Last Item I ever PURCHASE from App World. I am also due for a phone change out. I think RIM just made up my mind for me.
    12-01-10 07:24 AM
    I could never get it to work either...gave up after a few tries. I just deleted it. I don' wast my time trying to get a refund for anything under $5.00....its let getting a coffee that isn't good.
    12-01-10 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD