I have a program that once I start using, it starts running down my memory. (it doesnt auto start when berry turned on) There is no option to "close" or "exit" this program. I need it for informational purposes but not all the time, just bits and pieces here and there.
    Similar situation, I have no way to close Texas Hold'Em. Once open, it displays as being active when I press the ALT-Blackberry button.

thanks
    05-28-09 01:45 AM
    What if you hold down the back button?
    05-28-09 01:47 AM
    nope. It still shows up. When I'm done using something I want it off till I need it again.
    05-28-09 01:51 AM
    Do you mind sharing the memory leaking app?

Also, another good reason to delete Texas Holdem, besides the waste of space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:53 AM
    What if you hold down the back button?
    Just tried it while playing texas hold'em and works for me!

Thanks!

05-28-09 02:02 AM
    ill give that a shot. The original program I mentioned is Epocrates (med app) Once I click to use it, It runs me down about 25mb during the day.

--when you geld the back button on Hold Em it no longer shows up as actively running when hitting ALT-Berry button. Going totry this now. Thanks.
    05-28-09 02:11 AM
    I have a program that once I start using, it starts running down my memory. (it doesnt auto start when berry turned on) There is no option to "close" or "exit" this program. I need it for informational purposes but not all the time, just bits and pieces here and there.
    Similar situation, I have no way to close Texas Hold'Em. Once open, it displays as being active when I press the ALT-Blackberry button.

thanks
    See whether there is an option "move the application to background on close" in the settings. If so, set the option to NO. Set automatic updates to NO as well.

05-28-09 02:13 AM
    sweet!! it works on Hold Em. Now I have to try the more important med app. Will update. Thanks again folks.
    Now if I could just get the crap that came w .247 off, such as pacman, all of the att shopping sites, all of those sample pics that came with the phone.
    Last edited by newtoblack; 05-28-09 at 02:19 AM.
    05-28-09 02:15 AM
    Now if I could just get the crap that came w .247 off, such as pacman, all of the att shopping sites, all of those sample pics that came with the phone.
    Pacman and the shopping sites didn't come with .247... they simply came from AT&T. You just noticed them when you upgraded because whenever you upgrade AT&T pushes down your service books again. There's unfortunately no way to get rid of that stuff (at least not permanently). If you delete them they will come back. The good news is that they're not apps, they're simply shortcuts, and don't take up any real space, so you can do what I do... mine are all in a folder called 'Fcuk AT&T' and I keep the folder hidden. Out of site, out of mind.

As for the pictures and stuff that really DOES take up memory, you can use BBFileScout to delete them, and it's also a good idea to read about CrackMem before your next OS upgrade... it lets you remove of that crap from the device software safely before loading it onto your device.

05-28-09 03:40 AM
    See whether there is an option "move the application to background on close" in the settings. If so, set the option to NO. Set automatic updates to NO as well.
    I am using Texas Hold'Em King 2 on my Tour (Preloaded) and there is no option in the game. I checked the application information in the BB settings too. I see a big drain on my battery through the day if I don't battery pull after playing to get it shut down. Is there any other way to close it or should I just delete it.
    09-30-09 01:06 PM
    I am using Texas Hold'Em King 2 on my Tour (Preloaded) and there is no option in the game. I checked the application information in the BB settings too. I see a big drain on my battery through the day if I don't battery pull after playing to get it shut down. Is there any other way to close it or should I just delete it.
    I don't have texas hold'em on my bold. Well the only game on mine is blockberry (tetris). Therefore I am unable to check it for you. If you really don't use it much, delete it.

09-30-09 01:12 PM
    ive never had a problem with texas hold em.
    09-30-09 01:39 PM
    Battery pull closes programs.

09-30-09 01:49 PM
    Got it sorted out with MagMic Support. Just have to wonder though if they outsource support. I submitted a support request for the version I have and this is what I got. The end result pressing the back button from the main menu exits the game and does not leave it running in the background unlike most BB apps.

Support:Hi,
    Press the back button to the right of the trackball to get to the main menu, then delete.
    Regards,

Me:In the main menu pressing delete does not do anything.
    Support:Hi,
    I'm very sorry, not delete, but select exit.
    Cheers,

Me:There is no option to exit. The options in the main menu are as follows:
    Single Player
    Multiplayer
    Reset Bankroll
    Options
    About
    More Games
    Also pressing the BB key does not bring up anything. The only way to get out of the game is to press the end call button, but that leaves program running in background. To get it shut down completely I have to pull battery after playing.

Support:From the main menu, hit the back button again.
    Regards,
    09-30-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD