I know there's sending a post through email, but I was wondering if there was an actual application that would allow similar options to the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 11:50 PM
    There is nothing I have heard of. Would love to get one though.
    12-08-08 01:15 AM
    first tumblr app ive seen. its in beta.

hippocamp v4
    02-19-09 12:44 PM
    That's definitely not the right app lol
    I just tried it, and maybe I installed something wrong, but it didn't exactly work out how they showed it in those pictures.
    04-30-09 06:10 PM
    Yep, theres one that I use. Works very well and its easy to setup.
    Here's a screenshot, looks almost as if you were posting from the Tumblr site.

You can pick it up here
    04-30-09 06:20 PM
    Thank you.
    it totally works now
    04-30-09 07:57 PM
    Seems pretty awesome! Thanks. I just signed up for Tumblr last night after running across a friend's Tumblr page. Looked cool so I signed up. How do u guys like it? I currently have a blog, my own site, twitter, etc. Just wondering if this will be worthwhile or if I'll end up getting sick of it & drop it.

05-03-09 01:02 PM
    I personally love tumblr and prolly won't be deleting it anytime soon. I like the fact that you have more freedom over what you can/cant customize layout wise. I have Wordpress as well and this is one of the things I don't like. As well as the posting of flash and what not. Plus there's apps for Tumblr, you just have to look. But if you need followers, my page is in my signature or SimeonAS89.Tumblr.com

05-03-09 07:47 PM
    Nice App!
    Downloading now!
    05-03-09 11:08 PM
    ive been looking for something. thats awesome!
    05-04-09 04:47 PM
    Haha no problem. Glad I could help.

05-04-09 06:02 PM
    what is tumbler?
    05-04-09 06:06 PM
    From the looks of it, a blogging site. Looks interesting.
    05-04-09 10:11 PM
    So I installed it, and it's not going well. I'm running it on an 8900, and I will type out a long message, and send it, no problems. Then when I go to my tumblr page, I have about 2 sentances, and then it just cuts off. SO it's posting only the first part of my texts! When I email my texts, there is no problem. I emailed hippocamp support about the problem, but I haven't heard anything back. Until then, I'm afraid to use the program! Who wants to type out long messages only to have them deleted? No thanks.

I can't believe this is the only program or option for tumblr. Sucks. It IS a nice program, though, simple, to the point. Just has holes in it.
    05-05-09 05:16 PM
    yeah, i have the same issue with it cutting off my entry... *shrugs shoulders* i don't know what that's all about... it's a nice app, i just wish they would fix that glitch...
    06-27-09 12:15 PM
    That's funny because I haven't had any issues. My only problem is, I tend to make errors when writing my post, so I write it in the Memopad first and copy it to the app. It goes thru fine for me otherwise.
    Also, remember that the app is still in beta, so there's going to be bugs.
    06-27-09 01:00 PM
    I personally love tumblr and prolly won't be deleting it anytime soon. I like the fact that you have more freedom over what you can/cant customize layout wise. I have Wordpress as well and this is one of the things I don't like ...
    I have been wondering about making a wordpress someday...so you're saying there's not much customization huh?
    06-27-09 09:00 PM
    Unless your willing to purchase a domain and all that other fun stuff that comes with making a website, then no theres not much customization. You can't post flash content like a music player for example.
    One of the things I liked personally was the editor for your posts, specifically font editing. You don't have to go through the headache of looking for HTML codes.

I love Wordpress, but Tumblr is much more customizable and has an app you can use on your phone. But then again, theres a mobile Wordpress site, so I guess it just depends on what you want.
    I'm considering opening my Wordpress account back up.
    06-27-09 10:19 PM
    I see, thanks for the information
    06-27-09 11:03 PM
    i have no problem sending text posts.. its sending photos. is there a size requirement?

i get confirmations that the posts were successful, but they don't end up on my tumblr site. i've tried uploading http and by email. any help?
    07-06-09 02:03 PM
    just found this app and it loaded fine, my only problem is when i try to type in it, even text i keep getting the clock in the middle and no opportunity to type anything. is it not storm compatible?
    07-06-09 07:40 PM
    Hey guys. I haven't used the app yet (though I downloaded it to my Bold), but I'm a new tumblr. It's kind of like combining the best parts of livejournal and twitter together; I like it.

edit: Can't believe I didn't include my tumblr info! - etj.tumblr.com
    I mostly so far am planning on posting about languages/traveling/foreign & local music interests/films, games, etc etc...I guess "anything I like" would sum it up better?
    Last edited by Jonneh; 07-24-09 at 09:59 PM.
    07-24-09 03:17 PM
    The app is not good... personally i want access to my dashboard so i can see what my friends have posted, as opposed to just being able to post.
    07-25-09 09:16 AM
    ya complain to much...
    thats y its a beta -_- how much ur gunna expect from a 1dt time beta.

it works perfectly for me, no issues and i have it on my 8900

Project K-OSS
    07-25-09 01:39 PM
    I've been using it for awhile now. The problem with entries getting cut off: if you use a symbol like "&" or an accented letter like "�", it'll cut off the rest of the text after it. I just email any pictures I want to post. Great app, and I can't wait for a possible update!

07-25-09 06:00 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD