My treo 650 had a better tasks and calendar built in.. also easier.. it's really hard to put in a normal task that needs to be done.. or add something to calendar
    12-20-08 05:59 PM
    The 2 Ive tried do not work well on the Storm, I am going to try PocketDay for the Storm and see how it looks. Anybody tried this one yet?
    01-04-09 10:22 AM
    Tried BB Task Pro and TaskMaster - too weak. Don't like ToDoMatrix as it stores all data on their wireless servers.

Latest info I have says PocketInformat won't be out in true Storm ersion until end Jan earliest, e-Mobile Today has just been released with Storm support, and PocketDay is supposed to be in general release early next week. Franklin Covey PlanPlus is also an option but I don't know if they actually have a Storm version yet - certainly looks powerful enough! I can't post any links as I don't have enough posts under my belt however, check the home pages of the companies in question.

Anyone else have any recent news/reviews???

- R.
    01-17-09 10:05 PM
    Nothing fancy - but take a look at 'Remember The Milk' (rememberthemilkDOTCOM)

For $25/year you can use their MilkSync application which will sync your tasks between your BB and their website. (free trial available)

Just started using it -- so far so good.

b
    01-17-09 10:12 PM
    Soon a program called Pimlical will be available. A similar program by the same author has been available for Palm PDAs for years, called DateBk. It is fantastic.

They say that Pimlical will be available end of this month or next month. I can't wait for it as I have been a Palm user for years and forgot how bad the standard calendar programs in most PDAs are (BB included).

A BB version will be available.

Pimlico Software
    Can you verify that this will be available for the BB/Storm? From what I have heard this is a Windows Mobile app. I used DateBk in the past and I love it, but I have heard nothing about a BB version anytime soon.
    01-17-09 10:55 PM
    I am actually just using the calendar with its reminders as my to-do list type thing. Works well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 11:01 PM
    I'm using reQall and I like it so far.
    reQall
    01-18-09 07:45 AM
    Can you verify that this will be available for the BB/Storm? From what I have heard this is a Windows Mobile app. I used DateBk in the past and I love it, but I have heard nothing about a BB version anytime soon.
    From Pimlico's site "Although initially released as a Windows version, Mac and Linux versions of the desktop will be rolled out during the course of 2009 as will versions for most handhelds & smartphones (including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, possibly iPhone (if Apple changes some of its policies) etc.)."

I too loved Datebk on my Palm would love to see this working on my BB.
    01-18-09 10:13 AM
    I'm afraid I can no longer recommend Pocket Informant. I have had an intermittent bug pop up where the sync from Outlook almost caused huge numbers of Calendar events to be deleted from Outlook. Fortunately I was able to reject the changed before they took effect.

However, in at least 1 of these instances something caused some records to be duplicated. In the latest instance of this issue I was traveling and had created new Calendar events in my Berry for new appointments. Since the only fix to my problem is to do a 1 way sync from Outlook, replacing all native PIM and PI records, now I have to manually review all Calendar events in my Berry and add any new ones to Outlook so I can then do the 1 way sync to get things back on track. This is both laborious and has huge potential for error.

The support team at WebIS keep saying it's caused by PI syncing to the wrong Calendar, but I only have 1. They can't help me beyond that.

Please note that I am running PI 1.6, and an S1 with .122. I also have PI set to sync from the native PIM. Different configurations may have different results.

In general I like PI, but I rely too heavily on my PDA to live with this kind of potential error. I am now looking for a PI alternative. Given the problem may be with the Storm, unless the S2 is WAY more stable and trouble free than the S1, I will also be looking for an alternative to a BB very soon.

This was my first venture into smartphones, and after hearing so much about BB's being so reliable, I am very disappointed.

- R.
    09-25-09 07:19 PM
    I've used E-Mobile and am now using PocketDay. I've had the same problem on both - the tasks don't show. Besides that minor (??) problem I like PocketDay a lot.
    10-07-09 11:05 AM
    After much time spent on this I've discovered it's not PI - it's the Berry. Apparently Berries are designed to delete user data when free memory is low. "Old" Calendar entries are included. Check out the Storm 9530 thread "To all those "Don't worry about memory.." comments... " for details.

Good thing those RIM engineers are so much wiser than I am and can decide for me when my data should be deleted. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over!

So apologies to PI - it was not a PI issue. Actually, I just upgraded to 2.0 of PI and my endorsement of this program got even stronger - it's an excellent PIM!

- R.
    11-29-09 03:46 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD