I pose this question because like everyone else....we scene the commercial....and heard the buzz about it....so natrually when i go to try and download it....i get hit with this....in actual quoted words off of BB App World...."This application is not available on your device or for your carrier"....THE SHOCK!!!! So to my Verizon people out there...i ask....Any luck with the Urbanspoon App???
    01-16-11 10:44 AM
    No luck here with AT&T, but I am running the latest OS6 beta (424).
    IDmanURattn likes this.
    01-16-11 12:55 PM
    I know....right???? Like what's the deal....i understand that it takes developement...and upgrades and all that IT support mumbo jumbo but....make it accessible to all BBM'ers....i mean there up there promoting it on "BlackBerry"?????? SMH....DUH....and i'm denied because of what....????...i'm not gonna blow a gaskit over it but it kinda sucks that we can't participate...that's all!
    01-16-11 02:41 PM
    ....we scene the commercial...
    What does that even mean??

The app isn't compatible with OS version 6.0 yet. That's why you are getting that message in App World.
    01-16-11 02:52 PM

The app isn't compatible with OS version 6.0 yet. That's why you are getting that message in App World.
    Au Contrair Mama

http://crackberry.com/urbanspoon-get...e-blackberry-6
    IDmanURattn likes this.
    01-16-11 02:54 PM

Thank you and i appreciate both your responses...Yes fubaz....and what i meant motorcycle mama is that there advertising a commercial with it on "BLACKBERRY" for one....and i am a BLACKBERRY owner...i guess it just hasn't been cleared with my carrier yet or for whatever other reason there might be.....and the OS 6 reason is not true as per stated by fubaz and might i add the new posting about it on news link of crackberry....i was just wondering why Verizon carriers where left out of the loop??? That's all!!!
    01-16-11 04:34 PM
    If you're having trouble downloading, try this:

Open App World on your device and choose Menu>Scan Barcode.
    From your computer click the link above to open App World.
    Scan the barcode.
    It should come up as 1.0.13.

It worked for me, I'm on a Torch. The screenshot in the post is from my device.
    IDmanURattn likes this.
    01-16-11 06:08 PM
    Yes, but everyone is complaining that when they go to App World, it says that it's not compatible with their devices.
    01-16-11 06:37 PM
    It doesn't show for me as a search result within App World on my device... yet I still have it on my Torch and it works fine. This leads me to believe it's a problem with the listing of the app, not the app itself.
    IDmanURattn likes this.
    01-16-11 11:08 PM
    If you're having trouble downloading, try this:

Open App World on your device and choose Menu>Scan Barcode.
    From your computer click the link above to open App World.
    Scan the barcode.
    It should come up as 1.0.13.

It worked for me, I'm on a Torch. The screenshot in the post is from my device.
    It doesn't show for me as a search result within App World on my device... yet I still have it on my Torch and it works fine. This leads me to believe it's a problem with the listing of the app, not the app itself.
    Thank you phish -
    I know...when i went to look for on on BB App World i would not even come up....not on my phone or PC....but when i searched for it online by name....and typed in Blackberry blah blah blah......it finally came up...but like i said it wouldnt let me download it or nothing....not even for my carrier.
    I don't have the Torch like you phish....just my Curve 3G 9330 thats still has OS 5 which is pissing me off but.....thats for another topic lol....let me know if i can get it for my phone! Thanks!
    01-18-11 04:25 PM
    Maybe this is the issue we are having:
    Supported Devices
    BlackBerry 8300
    BlackBerry 8310
    BlackBerry 8320
    BlackBerry 8330
    BlackBerry 8330m
    BlackBerry 8350i
    BlackBerry 8520
    BlackBerry 8530
    BlackBerry 8800
    BlackBerry 8820
    BlackBerry 8830
    BlackBerry 8900
    BlackBerry 9000
    BlackBerry 9500
    BlackBerry 9520
    BlackBerry 9530
    BlackBerry 9550
    BlackBerry 9630
    BlackBerry 9650
    BlackBerry 9700
    BlackBerry 9780
    BlackBerry 9800
    I don't see the 9300 or 9330 on the list.
    01-19-11 09:01 AM
    Maybe this is the issue we are having:

I don't see the 9300 or 9330 on the list.

Exactly my point Gnufish...
    Now all i need you to do is tell me why is it.....
    That the Curve 3G 9300 and 9330....
    Has been left out of that order....
    And for what reason.....
    01-20-11 08:36 AM
    I didn't see the 9300 in the list then quickly didn't care when I found out I wasn't withing 90 miles of a supported city. Doesn't do me a lot of good anyway. ha.
    01-20-11 02:01 PM

Exactly my point Gnufish...
    Now all i need you to do is tell me why is it.....
    That the Curve 3G 9300 and 9330....
    Has been left out of that order....
    And for what reason.....
    You would have to ask the developer of the app that question, I don't know. They are fairly recent devices, right? That may have something to do with it.
    01-20-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD