I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with this problem of not recieving facebook notifications. I have tried everything and nothing is working. According to the discussion boards on facebook, some are having luck and some aren't. Just thought I would check here and see if has fixed their issue.
    06-28-10 07:28 PM
    sometimes i get notifications and sometimes i don't and this really sucks.
    06-28-10 08:40 PM
    Few things to check:

1) The email address you use to sign into facebook has been added to your blackberry, you can do this by going to the setup folder and choosing email settings.

2) Email notifications are on, as after all, when you see a notification on your phone you are basically seeing an email with a Facebook logo, you can do this in your Facebook account settings.

3) Facebook is not considered junk mail by your email host, if you are unsure add Facebook to an approved senders list.

4) If you have the email account you use to log into facebook set up on an email client, for example, on your PC, and the email client is set to automatically check for new mail at certain intervals be aware that if your client retrieves the email notification it won't show up on your phone. To change this set your email client to leave messages on the server after they have been downloaded.

NB/ if you do this will have to log into the server to delete messages, instead of them being gone once you have deleted them out of your client.
    06-28-10 09:46 PM
    Shakesy.....Emails are the same for bb and fb. All notifications are checked. No emails are going to junk mail. I have even added another email (gmail) to my bb and to fb and deleted the hotmail one on fb, deleted the fb app and then reinstalled it, did a battery pull and nothing has worked. Some people are doing things like this and it fixes the problem and some people like myself do all of this and it doesn't work. This problem just started happening without me making any changes at all prior. One day everything was fine and the next day, no notifications! The only time I get a fb notification (which is weird) is when I log into the mobile site from my bb or if I change email addresses. So I don't know what the deal is. There are a lot of people having the same issue. It's very frustrating.
    06-29-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD