Count me in

My company just moved to GoogleDocs, so accessing it would be great for me.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:55 AM
    Mailing list works for me. Or you could start a bbm group once you get things rolling.
    07-17-10 10:58 AM
    I'm most definitely interested. I'd be happy with a mailing list or a BBM group, or whatever too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 02:35 PM
    Okay, a BBM group sounds good.

And unfortunately, I'm still under 10 posts. One more to go after this. Any volunteers to post the download links (no OTA yet, you'll need to download the .jad and .jar files).
    07-19-10 09:13 PM
    Lol, just post one more time then post them
    07-19-10 09:27 PM
    Well, i could.. but that's not right.

I was going to somehow post it as a website in my profile, but found I couldn't do that either.

So, if someone else will reply, I'll reply, and post it. That way I can stick to the 10 posts rule
    07-19-10 09:35 PM
    Sweet. I think I'll see if I can get it to run on my 8330m, even though it's not capable of running os 5.
    07-19-10 09:44 PM
    Okay then

A very first release is available at:

googleDocsReader -- A Google Docs client for Blackberry OS5 and higher

It's highly embryonic at this point. It lets you login, browse, and download documents. You can also sort the list of documents by document name (and other types of sorts are supported, I'm just sure how to best display that in the UI).

I've listed my next priorities on the login page, and if anyone has anything else they think should be next, let me know and if enough people agree with you, it could move up.

Again, this is a very first release, so do expect bugs. That said, so far, it's been pretty workable for me.

It currently requires OS5. You can try on any other versions, but I'm fairly sure it'll bomb out quickly. That said, I could try to look into getting it working on older versions, but the UI may look... somehow even worse.
    07-19-10 09:47 PM
    Wow I feel like you read my mind. Just the other day I was wishing I had an app to do just that. I have been using Google Docs to store important papers that I find myself needing to access from different places and with different methods. I could really use something to let me edit them. If you still need more for beta I'd be sure to help and provide some good feedback.
    07-19-10 10:01 PM
    Wow I feel like you read my mind. Just the other day I was wishing I had an app to do just that. I have been using Google Docs to store important papers that I find myself needing to access from different places and with different methods. I could really use something to let me edit them. If you still need more for beta I'd be sure to help and provide some good feedback.
    Go right ahead and download it.

It doesn't support upload yet, but should in the coming weeks. I want to get a few things ironed out before I move on to adding more features.
    07-19-10 10:03 PM
    Thanks to everyone who's tried and emailed so far.

I've added threaded downloads, so they'll happen in the background. I'm probably going to add a few more things before i do another release, so please keep the suggestions coming.
    07-20-10 09:49 PM
    I've got another update to push, this one adds:

• Background downloading along with download optimizations
    • The ability to remember your login
    • Google docs subfolder support
    • Upload support
    • More sorting support
    • OTA Downloads

To keep people up to date, and help with discussions, I think I'm going to move away from email feedback and onto twitter. It seems a bit faster to do it that way. You can follow me at:

jonnycat26 (jonnycat26) on Twitter
    07-24-10 06:13 PM
    Bout to download this, got myself a 9650 yesterday.
    08-03-10 06:47 PM
    Bout to download this, got myself a 9650 yesterday.

Cool, thanks.

Btw -- is anyone else using it here and hasn't emailed me or twittered? If so, what features do you want to see added?
    08-03-10 06:51 PM
    When I try to run it, it says "Error starting gDocsReader: Module must be signed with the RIM Runtime Code Signing Key (RRT)."
    08-04-10 05:20 PM
    I'll check it out tonight, but it should be working. It seems to work fine on 9700/9000 and 8900.

If necessary, I'll do a signed build. I do have the keys/certs to do so.
    08-04-10 05:40 PM
    I can't see why it would be presenting that message.. I'm not touching any APIs that require anything special.

Did it ask you to grant it trusted status when you installed it?

I did upload a new version, which adds document searching capabilities. Try uninstalling the old, and install the new.
    08-04-10 11:09 PM
    It didn't ask me to grant it trusted status, and I set all the permissions to allow...
    I downloaded the new version, same thing.
    08-05-10 12:50 AM
    I think I found the problem in RIMs knowledge base. Will try it again tonight.
    08-05-10 07:02 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD