is there any really good ebook apps for 8330 blackberry out there? Would love to try it thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:22 PM
    I use the free Mobipocket reader for BB from:

Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.

I'd also recommend their free desktop reader / creator app:
    Mobipocket ebook Reader

You can drag and drop text files and MS-Word files into the desktop app and create your own ebooks for reading.

Also, the BB reader will grab books out of a folder located on an SDcard, so you can store as many books as the card will hold.

I purchased the add-on Collins Dictionary / Thesaurus and recommend it. Think I paid $20. You can highlight words while reading and find definitions, without losing your page position.

You can either buy books from Mobipocket, or 'find' ebooks from your own sources. Having had an Ipaq for years, I learned that reading on handhelds is extremely good. Takes a bit of getting used to, but Its the only way to go. Always have several books on the go and can pickup where I left off when standing in a line or wherever.

PM me (if you're interested) and we can exchange where to locate good ebooks.

Now, if only someone would invent a good PDF reader ...

W.
    10-17-09 12:42 AM
    thanks for this i downloaded it and its a good app but do you know of sites to download free ebooks like cirque du freak series, twilight series and others if so that would be great
    10-17-09 02:10 PM
    Mobipocket's a nice reader. If you need a good site to download .mobi (and other format) ebooks for free (or for cheap) try: Smashwords.com. It's populated with hundreds of non-fiction and fiction books and stories from independent authors.

I'm tops on the bestseller list (at the moment) but only because I've been giving my novel (Xenolith) out for free. Use coupon code WM58L in case anyone's interested. More info at:
    asparrow.weebly.com.
    10-21-09 10:49 AM
    Can someone tell me what formats are readable through mobipocket? I downloaded 2 ebooks. One is .prc file, and 1 is a .mobi file. (which I assume works)

An actual list of all supported formats would be great. Thanks!
    10-21-09 01:18 PM
    Hi Folks, Newbie and avid reader here.
    I first downloaded WattPad, which is free -- and found the first book I looked for! I was thrilled, and loved the format that lets you scroll continuously as you read. However - I've not found anything else I've looked for on Wattpad, much to my disappointment.

So, now I have MobiReader -- and I'm very disappointed that it isn't as "reader-friendly" as the free ap. I cannot find a continuous scroll feature, only a jumpy-page shift which is NOT condusive to enjoyable reading , IMO.

Am I missing something here?
    11-02-09 03:23 PM
    I used Wattpad previously, haven't re-installed since I go my last replacement, but I really like that application, mainly because I found a book on learning Japanese fairly quickly, I also found quite a few interesting books on there that I will eventually get again on there after I get the app back on my berry.
    11-02-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD