So I've looked around, and tried a few flashlight apps....but they all just show a white screen and turn on the pathetic message LED. The white screen is barely bright enough to find a keyhole...but if you drop something in the grass, it's completely useless.

I've got a Storm, and it has an insanely bright camera flash LED...does anyone know if there's an app that takes advantage of such a bright light source?
    03-16-09 04:36 AM
    I am not aware of any, but if you want to use your flash LED as a torch, you can configure a convenience key to turn on the video camera. If you have set your camera light to "on", you will have a torch if you press this key.
    03-16-09 06:18 AM
    Almost positive there are none.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 06:25 AM
    As MarkusALC stated if you use your flash following won't need one anyway.
    03-16-09 06:39 AM
    I am not aware of any, but if you want to use your flash LED as a torch, you can configure a convenience key to turn on the video camera. If you have set your camera light to "on", you will have a torch if you press this key.
    This would be the best solution. Most people use this solution as the work around.
    03-16-09 08:30 AM
    Even that I use this myself wonder if this will not overheat the LED if used for more then a few seconds. I don't think an LED used as a flash was ever meant to stay on for say 20 sec...
    03-16-09 10:45 AM
    But it was also intended to be used as a camera light.
    03-16-09 11:56 AM
    There is a program called shortcut berry, its free. And you can do things like map different apps to the convienence keys.

But you can have a different one for each click

Click the left key twice
    Goes to camera, click three times, it goes to bb messenger. Click 4 times it goes to vid cam, and turns on the light. Voila! you now have a flashlight! And its bright as ****!

You can customize it all you want.

Very handy little program

Just do a search
    03-16-09 03:24 PM

That is exactly what I do quite useful too it is.
    03-16-09 03:35 PM
    If you go into Video Camera - to Turn on your flash, just tap 'Space' and your light turns on. Very easy =)
    03-16-09 06:00 PM
    Even that I use this myself wonder if this will not overheat the LED if used for more then a few seconds. I don't think an LED used as a flash was ever meant to stay on for say 20 sec...
    It would hurt anything being on for a few seconds; it kills your batt apparently, but that is about it.
    03-16-09 06:03 PM
    It would hurt anything being on for a few seconds; it kills your batt apparently, but that is about it.
    I use mine all the time for a few minutes each night and it's still working perfectly. LED's are perfectly capable of being used long term.
    03-16-09 06:22 PM
    Shortcutberry does the trick, but its 5 buck, if your willing to blow the cash
    03-16-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD