Hi, does anyone know of any cool apps specific for the pearl flip which take advantage of the external display?

Just curious.
    06-21-09 12:59 PM
    What exactly would you want the external display to ... display?
    06-21-09 03:06 PM
    Hi, does anyone know of any cool apps specific for the pearl flip which take advantage of the external display?

Just curious.
    I have not seen any apps that do anything with the external display. But if you want a nice color photo on there, or want to customize the external icons etc....just mess around with making your own theme.

It is so easy to do...ANYONE can do it with this here software.....

Plazmic

God Luck!
    06-22-09 02:14 PM
    What exactly would you want the external display to ... display?
    ....I'd love it to function as a front display for the camera.....switched from a regular LG flip phone to the Blackberry and that is one of the few features that I truly miss.

Slowly muddling through everything else that I need to get used to.
    06-22-09 03:08 PM
    ....I'd love it to function as a front display for the camera.....switched from a regular LG flip phone to the Blackberry and that is one of the few features that I truly miss.

Slowly muddling through everything else that I need to get used to.
    That would be a very nice function. I'm coming from a piece of you know what Nokia 6133. Very cheap phone that had a lot of features (or easily accessible ones) that I'm shocked these "smartphones" do not have. Including being able (by default) to use the camera with the phone closed, using the external display.

One thing that also annoys me a bit about my Flip is how hard it is to do some of those most basic functions that cheap cell phones have had for the last 10 years.

Like EASILY being able to set any tone or music clip to any function...ie...go to a song or sound byte you have on your BB, hit the menu key and have the option to set it as your message tone etc. Instead, for some unknown reason, you have to go into the advanced settings of whatever profile you're in and do it there....silly and annoying.

Ok....one more little rant. Why on earth do these flips not allow you to customize the external display (photo etc), without having to create your own theme with Plazmic....

Come on BB, these are basic functions that should be a lot more simple to do

BB's maybe need to be "dumbed" down a bit...

Other than that...I do LOVE my Flip
    06-22-09 03:36 PM
    I completely agree with everything ^. The other nice function would be the ability to skip back or forward with the music player while the phone is closed.....I'm guessing that might be possible by assigning functions to the keys?

I specifically make sure I have a phone that functions as an MP3 because I refuse to buy an Ipod when I already have one device that I carry with me always which does the same thing.
    06-23-09 10:13 AM
    I completely agree with everything ^. The other nice function would be the ability to skip back or forward with the music player while the phone is closed.....I'm guessing that might be possible by assigning functions to the keys?

I specifically make sure I have a phone that functions as an MP3 because I refuse to buy an Ipod when I already have one device that I carry with me always which does the same thing.
    You can. I do it while it's in the belt holster all the time. Press and hold the [side] volume keys, either up, or down until the song changes. Up for next, and down for previous.

Same goes for volume but it's just a tap instaed of a push and hold.
    06-23-09 10:39 AM
    Wha? I cant interact with the music player while its closed???? ohno! I just bought the device yesterday and still have to learn it. I was totally hoping and expecting i could interact with the media player while its closed...at least skip forward/backward tracks...
    06-23-09 10:42 AM
    oh...whew, what a relief! thanks for the clarification madmaxx
    06-23-09 10:43 AM

you can do that.... hold the volume up or down for a bit and it will skip to next or back song...mute serves as pause
    06-23-09 12:23 PM
    You can. I do it while it's in the belt holster all the time. Press and hold the [side] volume keys, either up, or down until the song changes. Up for next, and down for previous.

Same goes for volume but it's just a tap instaed of a push and hold.
    you can do that.... hold the volume up or down for a bit and it will skip to next or back song...mute serves as pause
    MUCH thanks to both of you......as I stated, I'm still muddling through trying to figure this thing out and the lack of a decent operation manual.

Funny, they give you a book of "Tips, hints and shortcuts" but it is essentially worthless.
    06-23-09 01:32 PM
    Whenever I hold down the volume down button, it goes back to the beginning of the track but doesn't go to the previous track..even when I try doing it just as the song starts like in iPods.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    06-25-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD