So it seems like a lot of people aren't getting notifications since upgrading to the new facebook. My problem is the opposite- Ever since upgrading I get a notification for EVERYTHING, i.e. someone commenting on anything I've commented or liked.

Before this version, I believe the facebook app relied on email. By adjusting the email notifications, I could specify exactly what notifications I would get on my blackberry. The email itself wouldn't show up on my phone, but I would get the notifications. It was perfect- I could get notified of exactly what I wanted.

Now, I think that system has changed. It appears as though any notification that would normally pop up on facebook now also pops up on my phone. So there is no way for me to specify which notifications I'll get, I just get them all. This means my phone buzzes throughout the day with stupid things I don't care about, and it seems like my only choice is to eliminate all notifications, which defeats the purpose.

I've tried hard to find a link to download a past facebook. The only thing I've found was 1.6 from the official site. Trying to download it on my computer created an error saying a USB driver wasn't installed, and trying to download it on my phone made it say that my phone lacked the specifications to run it.

Can anyone help me with finding an older version, preferably 1.7? I still can't believe they released such a terrible version. Everyone seems to be having some sort of problem with it.
    09-09-10 03:11 PM
    Having the same problem I posted here too got no answers, tried DOZENS of times to download the old version got the same error message, this is ridiculous, I ended up just turning off the notifications, I really fought it but I cant have my phone buzzing all day either... UGH...
    I wonder if emailing facebook or blackberry will help??
    09-09-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD