do the new toasts unlock the phone automatically when they appear. I sware i have been locking my phone but when i pull the phone out of my pocket i have a new message, and the phone is unlocked. never happened until i installed the new version.
    03-01-11 04:38 PM
    They unlock the phone by default, but if you turn the Screen Backlight on Toast option to off it won't anymore, atleast on my torch this causes it to stay locked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rryoung likes this.
    03-01-11 05:34 PM
    I got the new version, like it so far, did not mind paying the $2, but undertsand those that do. To each his own I guess...
    03-01-11 07:32 PM
    They unlock the phone by default, but if you turn the Screen Backlight on Toast option to off it won't anymore, atleast on my torch this causes it to stay locked.
    I hear ya. But, I don't understand what's the point of enabling the toasts in the first place if you do not allow the backlight to come on to be able to see them?
    03-01-11 07:35 PM
    I guess I could have edited my previous post, but oh well...

There is a maintenace release out which fixed profiles issues for me and added support for a few other applications you may be interested in. Check it out here everybody....

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 4.0 MR1 (Maintenance Release 1)
    03-01-11 07:38 PM
    I paid the $1.99 for the upgrade, and I wasted my money! IMHO, there is nothing new and the toasts are a total waste---I have my colors memorized so I already know what is coming in. Now if they had the NAME of the person texting, BBMing or whatever then maybe. I will most def be SLOW to pay for any future upgrades. By the time they are done upgrading, I will have paid over $20.00 for this app (which it is NOT worth)!!!
    03-01-11 08:49 PM
    The upgrade was free for me since I bought BerryBuzz after January, but it locked my phone (had to do safe mode boot-up to delete and restore version 3x)

I am sticking with Version 3x for now
    03-01-11 08:57 PM
    I guess I could have edited my previous post, but oh well...

There is a maintenace release out which fixed profiles issues for me and added support for a few other applications you may be interested in. Check it out here everybody....

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 4.0 MR1 (Maintenance Release 1)
    Thank you for this information. I never had any problems with the initial upgrade, but it never hurts to be on the bleeding edge

03-01-11 09:24 PM
    IMHO, there is nothing new and the toasts are a total waste---I have my colors memorized so I already know what is coming in. Now if they had the NAME of the person texting, BBMing or whatever then maybe.
    I agree with this. When I heard about them I was hoping for something like BerryPopup, but updated. I was pretty disappointed when it didn't even show the name of the conact for texting. Even being able to click on them to go to the respective app would make them more useful.
    03-01-11 10:16 PM
    I agree with this. When I heard about them I was hoping for something like BerryPopup, but updated. I was pretty disappointed when it didn't even show the name of the conact for texting. Even being able to click on them to go to the respective app would make them more useful.
    I agree, I try everytime to click on it and nothing. I also think the popups look outdated! They will not get another dime from me. I even tried the custom colors - another waste. They look just like the colors they already offer.

03-01-11 10:21 PM
    This

03-02-11 12:06 AM
    Really buggy for me... LED sometimes just stops working. Have to unlock the phone again and then they start working again. No timelimits set whatsoever.

Hope there will be a fixed version soon!!
    03-02-11 01:12 AM
    They just released a Public Beta V4.0.55 (www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 4.0 MR1 (Maintenance Release 1)) and now they implement WhatsApp GroupChat Notifier LED (on my Request which I suggest them Yesterday) and also Text Messages now no Longer just say "SMS" but you will now see the Name of the Sender and a Preview of the Message (even if the Contact isn't add within BeBuzz).

They just showed me they are worth those $1,99 =).
    Guatiao likes this.
    03-02-11 02:49 AM
    Wow.. Reading this thread shows me exactly why we have so few apps for blackberry.

03-02-11 05:39 AM
    Wow.. Reading this thread shows me exactly why we have so few apps for blackberry.

Nah, that's not even close to being the reason ;D

03-02-11 05:41 AM
    They just released a Public Beta V4.0.55 (www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 4.0 MR1 (Maintenance Release 1)) and now they implement WhatsApp GroupChat Notifier LED (on my Request which I suggest them Yesterday) and also Text Messages now no Longer just say "SMS" but you will now see the Name of the Sender and a Preview of the Message (even if the Contact isn't add within BeBuzz).

They just showed me they are worth those $1,99 =).
    Thanks! I'm going to start paying attention to these MR's...they're listening to their customers apparently

03-02-11 10:34 AM

Why is that, because they are being critiqued? If they can stand the heat get out the kitchen!

03-02-11 11:32 AM
    you guys using the same app as me?

works perfect with no issues at all

best version ever
    03-02-11 11:37 AM
    i use the latest version on my 4.5 OS 8320 curve with no bugs so far, customer service finally replied to my needing help earlier but the update fixed the issue. but i also agree that too many paid updates and i will be stopping soon.
    03-02-11 11:49 AM
    Facebook notifications also only say "Facebook"

It has a new breathing light type led.. very cool.

sure, upgrade fees suck. but this is one of the best apps out there. i don't mind supporting it since it'll be something i'll always use.
    Where's the breathing light options? I dont see a anything that says "breathing light"..

EDIT: oh found it under "LED options", its pretty lame that we can't choose to do "smooth pulses" on some contacts and not on others. I guess you can make them through a custom disco if you wanted but it wouldnt be quick enough.

LAST EDIT: Wow the pulse is terrible on my Torch! It's more like a "rough pulse" as the LED displays a choppy fade from dim to bright and frequently skips a beat in the fade which looks just terrible.. also there is no option to use the default pulse while charging which makes me think that I have a new text when I look at it.
    Last edited by tyler_zyco; 03-05-11 at 10:59 PM. Reason: found and tried out the feature
    03-05-11 10:34 PM
    For example, you can have toasts turned on for BBM alerts. But you probably don't want the toasts to actually popup when you are in BBM. If you are carrying on a conversation the toasts can get in the way.
    I need this setting on, since in BB OS6, it already has this feature (so having double pop-ups looks ugly and counterproductive).
    However, it does not work on my Torch 9800... neither does the "Backlight on" feature.

Is this just me? Or shall I be waiting to fork up another 2 bucks for an update to the problem?
    03-05-11 11:43 PM
    I haven't had any probs with berrybuzz on my 9700. Been working fine for me and I'm running stock os, update worth it for me.

03-06-11 12:44 AM
    I need this setting on, since in BB OS6, it already has this feature (so having double pop-ups looks ugly and counterproductive).
    However, it does not work on my Torch 9800... neither does the "Backlight on" feature.

Is this just me? Or shall I be waiting to fork up another 2 bucks for an update to the problem?
    There have been several public beta update releases since this first dropped. People might pop over to Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps and check it out. Lots of issues have been fixed.
    03-06-11 12:59 AM
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I have certain colors set up for certain contacts for SMS. And then for anyone else who isn't one of those contacts I have the general SMS color set to blue.

Now the problem is that if one of those contacts sends me an SMS, it blinks the color they have set for them, AND blue as well. In previous versions it only blinked the color I had for them and I'd like to have it that way.

Anyone?
    03-06-11 01:55 PM
    I've had the same problem... I hate it.

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    08-08-11 04:23 AM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD