Okay for like the past 10hrs or so my yahoo messenger isn't logging in, or logs in sometimes. It keeps saying invalid user name and/password. I have my messenger set to auto log-in. Just to see if it may have just been me i logged in on my computer, and logged in fine. As for Berryweather i haven't been able to get an update on a few locations...now this could be just something that has to with berry weather...Is anyone having these problems lately?
    10-29-09 09:24 AM
    BerryWeather has been out for most of the morning. It came on for one update and then disappeared again.
    10-29-09 09:35 AM
    Okay for like the past 10hrs or so my yahoo messenger isn't logging in, or logs in sometimes. It keeps saying invalid user name and/password. I have my messenger set to auto log-in. Just to see if it may have just been me i logged in on my computer, and logged in fine. As for Berryweather i haven't been able to get an update on a few locations...now this could be just something that has to with berry weather...Is anyone having these problems lately?
    I've been having both of these issues today....
    10-29-09 09:37 AM
    Okay just hit up a couple of my peeps on BBM and they haven't been able to login to yahoo messenger....
    10-29-09 09:38 AM
    I'm having both those problems as well. Yahoo logs in sometimes but not everytime. Yahoo also disconnects its self for some reason every few hours and even in the middle of conversations.
    10-29-09 09:38 AM
    Update i was able to login...Hopefully yahoo has fixed whatever was broken....
    10-29-09 09:39 AM
    Same Yahoo problems on my VZW Tour.

Seems to be a global problem of some sort with YM.
    10-29-09 09:51 AM
    Another (likely related) problem I am having, is if I can get logged in, and then go to sign out, when I try to log back in, the "remembered" password looks truncated by 2 characters. Weird.
    10-29-09 10:14 AM
    I've been having the same issue since .320 update, not sure if that's what's causing it....
    10-29-09 10:18 AM
    Interestingly, and this may be coincidental if they are having problems, but it only started happening this morning for me after loading the BB App World Update.
    10-29-09 10:21 AM
    I have to delete my PW and retype it on my storm. Sux.
    10-29-09 10:22 AM
    I'm having the same login problems on my Tour
    10-29-09 11:53 AM
    My yahoo messenger is broken as well, and it's been that way for a day now. I did recently install app world, maybe there is a link? I'm uninstalling everything.. arrgh.
    10-29-09 02:23 PM
    OK Update, I haven't been able to log into yahoo messenger since I installed app world yesterday, I checked my email for when I sent the download link. I just uninstalled yahoo, uninstalled app world, did a ##000000 reset, and installed yahoo again from the blackberry website
    BlackBerry - Yahoo Messenger

It works fine now. RIM's stupid app world is the culprit.
    10-29-09 02:48 PM
    I seriously doubt you can get a problem free YM 2.5.27. Once you sign out and try to sign in again you will start seeing the bugs. Login issues, "failed to execute last action (100)" errors, etc.

Only if there is a way to downgrade the YM without messing up the OS....

OK Update, I haven't been able to log into yahoo messenger since I installed app world yesterday, I checked my email for when I sent the download link. I just uninstalled yahoo, uninstalled app world, did a ##000000 reset, and installed yahoo again from the blackberry website

It works fine now. RIM's stupid app world is the culprit.
    10-29-09 03:03 PM
    I have already attempted to force the 2.2.39 .cods into .328 with no luck so far. Tomorrow night when I load .328 into my replacement Storm, I will put the .cods into .328 on my PC before loading it to the phone and see if that works..

Edit:solution in my post below..
    Last edited by superlark; 10-31-09 at 11:25 AM.
    10-29-09 03:08 PM
    Same problem again UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-30-09 11:10 AM
    I found the problem..login to yahoo mail on your computer, and on the left hand sign were it says Chat & Mobile Text. Make sure you are signed out of that because if you are not, yahoo messenger wont work on your blackberry....
    10-30-09 10:03 PM
    I found the problem..login to yahoo mail on your computer, and on the left hand sign were it says Chat & Mobile Text. Make sure you are signed out of that because if you are not, yahoo messenger wont work on your blackberry....
    Wow, I never even used yahoo mail, and for the first time in like a week, thanks to you, I've been able to connect! I also capitalized the first letter of my name. I've never been able to log in for so long before.
    10-31-09 04:33 AM
    I found another solution for those of you willing to try-just be careful.

In the .328 OS folder on your computer, replace all the yahoo.cods and .alx with those from .230(Version 2.5.22). The older version does not have the login and error problems.
    10-31-09 11:25 AM
    I have a question about YM also - just got a Storm 2 and downloaded YM onto it; I don't check off for it to save my password and login name on the initial screen....... but something somewhere is saving the password associated with one of my logins. As soon as I type in my screen login name the password automatically populates the password box (in asterisks) I don't want my password stored anywhere......am I missing some setting somewhere that I need to change?
    11-06-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD