I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but don't you guys hate how on the Blackberry(I said "the" Blackberry, because its like this on EVERY Blackberry) though I must admit I don't know about the Torch 9800 being that it has OS 6. But don't you guys hate that when downloading almost ANYTHING(except on OPERA browser) , especially in App world, that the phone constantly pauses when download the file or app? you guys know what I mean it downloads, pauses, and you see the little clock, or hourglass depending on your OS. I hope its not this way in OS 6.

I think the phone does this, because Its CONSTANTLY checking if there is enough space(device memory) on the phone for the file you are downloading, though I KNOW that they(RIM) can make it that the phone doesn't need to do this. Can anyone with an OS 6 phone tell me it this happens on their phone?
    08-13-10 01:55 PM
    well i notice on mine that it only happens a few times... not really as much as it did before on my tour. not sure if its a speed of network or cpu is a little faster of that it has just shy of 300mb free.
    08-13-10 06:58 PM
    That's because the processors in our Berrys aren't efficient enough.
    08-13-10 07:45 PM
    No guys, like I said, I think Its that the cpu is checking to see if there is enough space for whatever it is being downloaded.
    08-13-10 09:13 PM
    No guys, like I said, I think Its that the cpu is checking to see if there is enough space for whatever it is being downloaded.
    Im not sure if you are being serious about this thread. Hourglass while an app is being installed? I think that would be one of my least concerns with the BB OS. Anyways I'll play along here, it's nothing to do with the cpu checking for space. It's to do with multiple COD files. Simply put after each COD file is downloaded it is installed before going to the next. For other types its simply writing the file to memory.
    08-13-10 09:20 PM
    Im not sure if you are being serious about this thread. Hourglass while an app is being installed? I think that would be one of my least concerns with the BB OS. Anyways I'll play along here, it's nothing to do with the cpu checking for space. It's to do with multiple COD files. Simply put after each COD file is downloaded it is installed before going to the next. For other types its simply writing the file to memory.
    Dear Mr. "Forums Moderator/app maker,slash,slash,slash"

Yes, I ACTUALLY was being serious with this thread. That is the reason I created it, but thanks for the info, since you seem to know a lot. What you said made sense, now I know why this happens.
    08-27-10 01:41 PM
    What does this have to do with the 9780? You shouldve put this in the OS 6 part of the forum. Nonetheless, I've downloaded a bunch of apps and it hasn't been freezing like my 9700 if that answers your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 07:16 PM
    What does this have to do with the 9780? You shouldve put this in the OS 6 part of the forum. Nonetheless, I've downloaded a bunch of apps and it hasn't been freezing like my 9700 if that answers your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are wrong, I SHOULD HAVE started this thread in the OS 4.X- OS 5 forum, but since you have SPECIAL privileges on here, could you move it for me please?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by mansandem; 08-31-10 at 09:58 AM.
    08-28-10 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD