Some here call it a "feature", I look at it as a big PITA.

When I send email in my Gmail from my home/office computer, the message that I send (to someone...) end up in my BB messages. Is there a way to stop it? Didn't have this problem until yesterday I believe.
    05-09-10 03:12 PM
    I believe that would be your two-way sync with Gmail:

http://crackberry.com/bis-two-way-sy...l-finally-live

I don't actually use Gmail with my BB, though, so someone else will have to let you know if there is a way to disable it or not.
    05-09-10 04:55 PM
    I think that this is a really great feature. I wish it did the same thing in reverse too that way I would have a copy of what I sent from my BlackBerry on my PC too.
    05-09-10 05:25 PM
    If you search the forums there is a fix for it. It is a pain though. I don't send anything from gmail on berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 05:30 PM
    Sorry, but why is this such a big problem??? They show up on your device... it's not like they show up like a new email... again, what is the big deal???
    05-09-10 05:35 PM
    Sorry, but why is this such a big problem??? They show up on your device... it's not like they show up like a new email... again, what is the big deal???
    Because it just fills up the messages...why would I need it?!
    And why/how did it start?! Which side was the change made - BB or Gmail?
    05-09-10 05:45 PM
    BTW - how do people log in to BIS like in this page here...I have asked in may occasions in this forum. Every time I try to log in from a browser I get errors (unable to use HTML, etc.). Can someone shed some light on that?

Thanks.
    05-09-10 05:53 PM
    BTW - how do people log in to BIS like in this page here...I have asked in may occasions in this forum. Every time I try to log in from a browser I get errors (unable to use HTML, etc.). Can someone shed some light on that?

Thanks.
    A quick search around CrackBerry and all is revealed. Try here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular from your PC.
    05-09-10 06:26 PM
    Thanks Pete6.

Looks like I screwed up. If you create a user name in the BIS site, every time you need to access email settings in your device, you need to log in, whereas without a user name you went straight to the email settings.

Now, but doing that (creating myself a user name) I erased the three email accounts that I had in my device (one Gmail, one standard POP3 and the att.blackbery.net email). I am trying to set up the BB email again and I am getting an error about password. How can I recover the password?

Thanks in advance.
    05-09-10 06:45 PM
    Is that what two-way sync is? My BB has been doing that since I had an 8100 WAY back. I like it because it confirms that my messages are sent rather on gmail.com, gmail app, BB email or outlook.

05-09-10 06:46 PM
    I hope yahoo mail will also have this feature!
    05-09-10 07:03 PM
    Thats 2 way sync in action! The best feature on a BIS bb!
    05-09-10 09:31 PM
    Although I have not tried this yet, I believe you can change you message settings not to show "sent" messages.

Go into your main messages folder. Hit the BB (menu) key, and go into options. I think under general options you can select whether or not you want your sent messages to pop up in you inbox. Like I said, I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing if you select no, messages sent from your computer will stop showing up In your inbox.

If you try it, lemme know whether it worked or not!

05-09-10 09:37 PM
    Although I have not tried this yet, I believe you can change you message settings not to show "sent" messages.

Go into your main messages folder. Hit the BB (menu) key, and go into options. I think under general options you can select whether or not you want your sent messages to pop up in you inbox. Like I said, I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing if you select no, messages sent from your computer will stop showing up In your inbox.

If you try it, lemme know whether it worked or not!

That's how I have mine set and it works correctly. It will show in your BB inbox while it's sending, but once it is sent it will disappear. If you ever want to look at your sent messages in the future, just change that option.
    05-09-10 10:19 PM
    Some here call it a "feature", I look at it as a big PITA.

When I send email in my Gmail from my home/office computer, the message that I send (to someone...) end up in my BB messages. Is there a way to stop it? Didn't have this problem until yesterday I believe.
    I just set up a GMail account for the first time this past weekend. I found this issue quite annoying. What you have to do is log into your BIS account and set up a filter on your GMail account where: Action = Do not forward messages to the device and From address = your GMail address. This will stop your receiving copies of sent GMail message in your inbox. Don't know why we have to do this, but it works.
    05-10-10 09:18 AM
    Is it possible to setup a gmail account on the BB to use POP3 instead of IMAP? That would fix his issue
    05-10-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD