I was wondering if there are any apps out there that shows the amber alerts that shows the picture of the missing person, plate #, etc.? Might be helpful if we think we saw someone who was missing but needed a picture to verify...?
    03-04-09 04:07 PM
    You can follow them on Twitter, not exactly what you're looking for, but it works.
    03-04-09 04:15 PM
    Twitter? Heard of it, but never used it. Okay, thanks!
    03-04-09 04:16 PM
    Twitter? Heard of it, but never used it. Okay, thanks!
    Sign up for Twitter, follow a bunch of people you don't know, then install TwitterBerry so you can do this on your Storm.
    03-04-09 04:22 PM
    Just go to either one of these sites and sign up for FREE text messages of Amber Alerts!

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

AMBERAlert.com - The AMBER Alert Portal

I believe on the second one you can also sign up for email Amber Alerts. You can also select to just get them for your state if you wish.

Hope this will work for you!
    03-04-09 04:28 PM
    Last edited by YFZBOB; 03-04-09 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Above Post was quicker at the Draw. LOL!!!!
    03-04-09 04:30 PM
    I'm posting from my storm, so I can't see who your provider is, but if you're on verizon, you can go to the following link to get instructions for amber alert text messages on your phone:
    Http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Company%...ert.html#item6. There are a few ways to set it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 04:36 PM
    Thank you for that info.
    I'm sure to put it to good use when the time arises (heaven forbid).
    03-04-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD