You can use this zip file and then install with app loader.

Amazon App 1.0.20

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks. Ill try when I get home tomorrow. Never used app loader before so I hope its pretty straight forward.

05-14-09 06:31 PM
    Thanks. Ill try when I get home tomorrow. Never used app loader before so I hope its pretty straight forward.

It's very simple. Just open the app loader, click browse and then select the alx file for the app. Next look in the list of available apps to make sure that the amazon app has a check next to it and then hit next twice to install.

05-14-09 07:01 PM
    I don't understand, if I was in a store looking at the product why not just type its name into the Amazon WAP page and see how much it costs there than all those steps to send in a picture?

Sounds cool though...
    05-14-09 07:11 PM
    I don't understand, if I was in a store looking at the product why not just type its name into the Amazon WAP page and see how much it costs there than all those steps to send in a picture?

Sounds cool though...
    It's also for when you see a product and don't know what it is exactly (what model, who makes it, etc). It can be used for more than just buying the product.

05-14-09 07:58 PM
    haha yea, it was the first thing I could think of. Can anyone report on a memory leak? I'm thinking this APP has a HUGE memory leak. I was around 21 or 22 mb and then just checked again and was down around 7 or 8mb. Anyone else?

Same here...
    05-14-09 08:41 PM
    thanks, was waiting for this
    05-14-09 10:21 PM
    Great app, I'm currently testing the remembers feature
    05-14-09 10:40 PM
    Here are some screen shots if you want to see what it looks like on your Storm.

Amazon App Screen Shots
    05-16-09 08:53 AM
    haha yea, it was the first thing I could think of. Can anyone report on a memory leak? I'm thinking this APP has a HUGE memory leak. I was around 21 or 22 mb and then just checked again and was down around 7 or 8mb. Anyone else?
    I dl'd the app yesterday (I was bored), and it looked great. I did however, run into a HUGE memory leak on my device. I am running .141, and I got down to almost 10mb, where before I never got lower than 18mb. Sorry guys, better luck on the next version. I uninstalled it, leak went away.

Hope this helps,
    05-16-09 05:57 PM
    I dl'd the app yesterday (I was bored), and it looked great. I did however, run into a HUGE memory leak on my device. I am running .141, and I got down to almost 10mb, where before I never got lower than 18mb...... I uninstalled it, leak went away.
    That does not mean that the specific app mentioned HAS a memory leak. Even if this app cause a 8mb DROP, that wouldn't constitute a leak.
    05-16-09 06:01 PM
    I haven't seen any type of memory leak since installing the latest version. I've been watching everything closely through MeterBerry and it hasn't shown any type of huge memory drop.

05-16-09 06:49 PM
    One annoyance . . . you can't purchase Kindle e-books through the application. It simply announces that digital downloads are not supported on the device, rather than allowing you to select them for purchase and subsequent delivery to the Kindle.

I know I can purchase them on-line through the Kindle, but I don't always have it with me, and I'm not always in range of a Whispernet (Sprint) tower or roaming partner. When I buy the book isn't necessarily when I want to read it, either.
    05-17-09 08:43 PM
    anyone else been able to download this app. I had to do a wipe of my phone and lost my third party apps so I'm going back trying to put them back on my phone and this one keeps telling me there is an error.
    05-25-09 01:50 PM
    The link still works fine for me (Amazon). I uploaded the files that you can use with app loader to install if you still can't get it to download correctly.

Amazon App 1.0.20

05-25-09 02:58 PM
    nope still getting the error, and it appears to be an Amazon error not a phone error like the uncaught exception one I had before I had to wipe my phone. I know its a little thing but this is driving me nuts
    05-26-09 08:45 AM
    What type of error are you getting and what happens when you try to use both of those links I provided?

05-26-09 11:14 AM
    i get a page with the icon on it for the Amazon app and it says below it:

were sorry, there was a problem with the Amazon App download. Please try again later.

you may still access Amazon.com on your blackberry by typing Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more in your mobile browser

If you are viewing this page on your computer please visit Amazon on your mobile device to download the amazon app for blackberry.

I've tried downloaded it all different ways and it always comes back to this same message
    05-26-09 11:31 AM
    I might as well file for bankruptcy now!
    05-26-09 11:36 AM
    finally figured it out, i had the defaut browser on IE changed it to blackberry and it downloaded fine. damn Wipe is got me all messed up, stupid facebook app
    05-26-09 11:39 AM
    I was getting the error message at first but then I changed my browser identification to the blackberry browser and it installed like a champ...
    05-26-09 11:39 AM
    finally figured it out, i had the defaut browser on IE changed it to blackberry and it downloaded fine. damn Wipe is got me all messed up, stupid facebook app
    I kind of had a feeling it was the browser identification that was giving you the error. That was why I included the alx and cod file in the same post as the OTA link to see if it was your browser or the app that was giving you problems.

05-26-09 11:52 AM
    thanks for your help
    05-26-09 12:00 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD