Amazon launches BlackBerry App | BerryReview.com �

If you go to Amazon from your Storm, it says their app is only for devices with a track ball. Booo.

Here's the OTA, just disable compatibility mode and it seems to work fine: http://is.gd/rBOR
    04-09-09 01:23 PM
    Trying it out now. Thanks for the direct link!
    04-09-09 01:32 PM
    How do you do the picture search thingie?

ie. take a pic of a product and it will search it
    04-09-09 01:44 PM
    Click the "remembers" tab, then take the photo. Click "what happens to my photos" for how it all works. Pretty darn neat.

To navigate, you can drag to scroll anywhere there is an arrow (ie, on the top bar, don't click the arrow to see the other tabs, just drag; ditto for the "recommended for you" items).

Not sure why they haven't released this for the Storm, unless they have something better to add (I really, really want OTA MP3 purchases). It seems to work perfectly without compatibility mode.
    04-09-09 01:57 PM
    One more thanks to OP! Thanks! One less reason for me to pay for PageOnce!
    04-09-09 01:58 PM
    One more thanks to OP! Thanks! One less reason for me to pay for PageOnce!
    NP, I just ran across the link and posted it here, didn't really do anything myself. ;-)

I second the OTA mp3 download desire. Amazon should build in some Shazam-esque music recognition features to complete the circle.
    04-09-09 02:08 PM
    I've sent them suggestions (from my account and my wife's) to put out a Blackberry friendly music and video store. Seriously, who downloads portable video from their VOD outlet? There are like 5 PMPs that are supported. A BB client gives them an instant 25 million user base.

FWIW, if you are not on a BES the MP3 store should work just fine using a third party browser (and their respective proxy servers). But those browsers (Opera and Bolt) use the BES/MDS network if you are on a BES, so the downloads exceed the filesize cap. Hopefully Amazon will have the sense to work with RIM to make their MP3 store BES friendly, if they ever actually do release said store...
    04-09-09 02:14 PM
    Update on "remembers".

Have a Duncan Yo-Yo sitting on my desk. Sent it off with Amazon Remembers. Five minutes later they updated my "remembers" tab with the product page for the exact same yo-yo.

04-09-09 02:17 PM
    yo this app is very well implemented
    04-09-09 02:31 PM
    I just gave this a try. It works fine on the Storm. I took a picture of some HP Photo paper and they let me know their suggestion minutes later (same exact paper $19.99). This is extremely cool!

I can't imagine what the Storm specific app is going to be as this one works flawlessly.
    04-09-09 02:47 PM
    Sounds awesome.
    But I can't get it to download.
    They are saying there is a problem with the app download.
    Bummer!
    Last edited by Left-A-Slide; 04-09-09 at 06:34 PM.
    04-09-09 06:24 PM
    Sounds awesome.
    But I can't get it to download.
    They are saying there is a problem with the app download.
    Bummer!
    Did you try opening the OTA link from your BB?
    04-09-09 06:40 PM
    I can't get it either. Says "error during install" anyone have a working OTA link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:33 PM
    04-09-09 07:39 PM
    Not working here.

04-09-09 07:46 PM
    Not working here.

I've been getting this all day as well.
    04-09-09 07:52 PM
    Not working here.

Same here. Ah well.
    04-09-09 07:58 PM
    yea im getting the same thing....bummer
    04-09-09 08:06 PM
    Not working here.

DITTO, NO GO
    04-09-09 08:18 PM
    Clicking on the www dot amazon dot com slash bb from my device browser brought me to the the download page.
    04-09-09 08:35 PM
    Clicking on the www dot amazon dot com slash bb from my device browser brought me to the the download page.
    But did it allow you to download it?
    04-09-09 08:39 PM
    I went to amazon.com/bb from my storm. I got a message saying 'we're sorry, your device is currently not supported. To receive notice when additional blackberry models are supported, please enter your email address'. Which I did. Here's hopin'
    04-10-09 02:18 AM
    Tried this several times (with and without compatibility mode). Each time I get a message saying "We're sorry your device is not supported".

How are folks getting around this to work on the storm?

Doekim
    04-10-09 04:55 AM
    Compatibility comes into play AFTER you actually download and install the program. At this point, other than a select few lucky folks, no one has been able to get around the supported device or apology messages. It would be a nice app to have, but heck, I don't shop THAT much at Amazon that I'll lose sleep over it.
    04-10-09 08:04 AM
    Can someone upload the app somewhere for us?
    TIA
    Lefty
    04-10-09 08:52 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD