niice, i'm gunna have to try this.. is it better than google maps?
    07-28-09 04:33 PM
    I have a storm. Amaze works well and Life In Pocket works better. Try Life in Pocked on Tour before you make up your mind. On the Storm there are a lot of pauses between words but it may be better on the Tour.

My suggestion: use Amaze and Life In Pocket and see which works better. Both are free and you can get an objective opinion trying it out for yourself. Even with the pauses, I like Life In Pocket better.
    07-28-09 04:49 PM
    I use Poynt, works Great!
    07-28-09 04:51 PM
    what is the link about the enterprise server?
    07-28-09 05:08 PM
    Just d/l'd the Amaze for my Tour, works like a charm! Acquired the sats quick, and pretty easy and accurate routing. Just had some issues with it freezing when it had to do a route recalculation- almost like it couldn't figure out wtf to do...but for a free app, it's definitely better than Google maps- has turn by turn and voice nav. This one's a keeper!
    07-28-09 05:22 PM
    grrrr it won't work for me.. i've tried just about everything!
    07-28-09 05:45 PM
    I just read this thread before I went out grocery shopping and I tried out amAze GPS. It works "amAzing!"

Like numerous people have stated, do NOT download the "recommended for verizon tour" version on the OTA page.
    Pick "choose device" near the bottom of the page, then select Verizon BlackBerry and finally Select the Tour for Verizon.

It takes a while to initialize, but then the turn-by-turn is great, the voice is steady and not slow and choppy like it is in the LifeInPocket application. The GUI is not the greatest, can be annoying, but once it locks on and is giving you directions, you are good to go!
    07-28-09 08:04 PM
    I downloaded the tour gps fix version and it works. I just can't get any sound out of it!!!
    Is there a setting I need to change?
    07-29-09 01:12 AM
    can someone clarify for me? i downloaded amazeGPS for my tour. when i went to wap.amazegps.com, i navigated to the verizon version that comes with the GPS fix. installed fine, but it cannot connect to the GPS (the little satellite icon is red). what do i need to do?
    07-29-09 01:33 PM
    I have done the same, DL Verizon Tour, it did not work. I just tried the Bold Verizon and that didnt work either, currently waiting for the reboot to see if that will help.
    07-29-09 04:18 PM
    Installed on my Tour and works perfect. Best of all, it's freeeeeeeeee!!!!
    07-29-09 04:31 PM
    i downloaded the bold version (after trying both tour versions with no success) and it works great. used it multiple times and its been perfect so far!
    07-30-09 10:55 AM
    Will this app work on this phone and carrier? No luck so far
    08-01-09 12:48 PM
    I went to visit my DR yesterday, I knew the way, but I wanted to test out AMAZE and LIFEINPOCKET to see which I liked the best.

I used Amaze to get there and it worked flawlessly, very similar to the Telenav application I had previously installed on my 8830.

When I decided to go home, I turn on Lifeinpocket. I don�t care for the UI and at least it's confusing to me, so I deleted it after about 1/2 mile.

I guess it's just personal preferences, I only use it so it can tell me when and where to turn when I'm in a strange place or have forgotten directions.

So far, Amaze wins my vote, it works as good as Telenav did for my purposes.

Just my experience.
    08-01-09 01:08 PM
    Doesn't anyone feels that using "@" as back and "#" is menu is kinda stupid and pointless when our phones has designated buttons just for that purpose!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:08 PM
    I'm new to crackberry, and I have the bbTour. I was wondering if anyone can link me to the download for amaze, specifically for Verizon Tour? I have amaze on my phone, but the gps doesn't work. I've been going crazy trying to find the proper version of amaze!
    09-28-09 07:56 AM
    I'm new to crackberry, and I have the bbTour. I was wondering if anyone can link me to the download for amaze, specifically for Verizon Tour? I have amaze on my phone, but the gps doesn't work. I've been going crazy trying to find the proper version of amaze!
    Go to wap.amazegps.com on your Tour. Click on "Download amAze". On the next screen, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. There's a link that's for Verizon BlackBerry owners (you won't see it unless you scroll down -- that was my problem). Click on that and it'll bring up a page where you can select the Tour version. Click on that and download.

What I noticed as well was that the first time I ran it and configured it, the GPS wouldn't lock on. But, after closing and opening it back up, locked on with no problem.

Hope that works for you.
    09-28-09 09:26 AM
    Hey guys, Downloaded version 5.0. I have the tour with os 5.0 and it's sitll not working, every time i go to maps, it puts me in san francisco and i'm in LA
    01-20-10 01:57 PM
    Hey guys, Downloaded version 5.0. I have the tour with os 5.0 and it's sitll not working, every time i go to maps, it puts me in san francisco and i'm in LA
    Did you go to the bottom of the download page and get the Verizon version?
    01-20-10 07:14 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD