My apologies if this has been covered somewhere else. I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

I'm running amAze on my blackberry storm, and am wondering if there is any way to get the audio directions to play through the headset rather than through the speaker phone. I want to try and use this while on my motorcycle, and am not sure if this is even possible?

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Anyone have some advice?
    05-08-09 08:05 AM
    Think most of the gps nav apps don't support this. You could ask on the amazeGps forums though (and then make a feature suggestion).
    05-08-09 12:31 PM
    anyone else?
    05-20-09 01:13 PM
    Yes, My son rides a motorcycle and he has used it while riding with the wired headset that came with the phone.
    05-20-09 01:40 PM
    Yes, My son rides a motorcycle and he has used it while riding with the wired headset that came with the phone.
    Was there a specific setting that he had to change to get this to work? Whenever I try this the sound just comes through the speaker
    05-20-09 02:02 PM
    Was there a specific setting that he had to change to get this to work? Whenever I try this the sound just comes through the speaker
    I have read of several people that use this via bluetooth on their motorcycles. You may want to take a look in the GPS forum to see if anyone mentions it there. If not, then the forum at Amazegps.com would be your best bet.
    05-20-09 03:00 PM
    This may be and probably is a really stupid suggestion but cant you just hit the speaker phone button to turn it off and make it go to the headset, thought I read that somewhere but I have read so much here I could be wrong.

Julian
    05-20-09 03:26 PM
    amAze works well via bluetooth (A2DP) headset. My BB connects to my AutComm system and voice turn-by-turn goes through my helmet.

I've never tried it with a wired headset.
    05-20-09 06:43 PM
    I had all kinds of consistency issues with amAze. On the Bold, Gokivo works a lot better (for me at least). And right out-of-the-box it was configured in such a way that I could listen to Pandora and still get audible directions right over the music through the stereo jack, which I connect to my car stereo, so I know wired headphones would work with it. Having street names is a nice bonus as well, instead of just "turn right." amAze frequently took me around blocks that made my trip longer for no good reason, regardless of the setting I chose (shortest or fastest). It always told me to exit the highway even if that would add tons of time and miles to my trip. I also hated the fact that amAze refused to use the BB's native interface. Q and P instead of Menu and Back button? Why? Gokivo is much more fully-featured, user-friendly, and gives me much better directions too. And it costs what amAze does: nothing.

To be fair, I don't know what would be involved with making it work over bluetooth though. I got a call over my bluetooth headset that interupted the car stereo for both Pandora and Gokivo. Cool! Hands free everything! This was perfect for my needs but I guess I'm not sure if I could make Gokivo play over the headset. Probably if there was nothing plugged into the audio jack I guess. YMMV.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 05-21-09 at 01:22 AM.
    05-21-09 01:19 AM
    I also hated the fact that amAze refused to use the BB's native interface. Q and P instead of Menu and Back button? Why?
    i already suggested this to the amaze team on their forums (amongst some other things) and they added it to their list.
    05-21-09 01:54 AM
    And it costs what amAze does: nothing.
    Just to note: the FAQ section on Gokivo's site says:

Q: How much does Gokivo Navigator cost?

A: Gokivo Navigator is offered as a free trial until May 31st 2009. You will then be required to purchase the product from the BlackBerry App World on your device to continue using it. Pricing details will be announced prior to the end of the trial period.
    05-23-09 08:00 PM
    Gokivo - you got to love when they don't tell you the price ahead of time.

I would go onto amAze GPS's website and ask in their forum. Since they are still in beta, this may be something that can be worked on before the final release.
    05-24-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD