I mean, honestly, for me it was just to buggy and the page loads times between Opera and Blackberry wasn't a big a difference to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BluePaperclip; 04-18-10 at 11:05 PM.
    04-18-10 11:03 PM
    Nope. Just here to confirm that you are not the only one.

04-18-10 11:22 PM
    Opera Mini 5 is fast when it comes to loading pages, but I find the navegation to be clumsy. So is BOLT thou. And depending on what you're seeing/WiFi on or off, so is the Default one.

I stick to BOLT+Defaul Browser but I must point, that is as 'bad' as the Opera+Default Browser: it just suits me better.
    04-18-10 11:29 PM
    I just stick to my BB browser tried Bolt and Opera, didn't like either..
    04-18-10 11:31 PM
    yay I'm not the only one lol. And never heard of Bolt. (Woot research to do)

04-18-10 11:35 PM
    I dont like opera either. I use the native browser and bolt.
    Bolt is nice because it doesnt dumb things down for your phone. I shows you the website just the way it looks on your normal computer which can come handy a lot of times.
    04-18-10 11:56 PM
    I hate the Opera browser. I tried to make myself like it, so I forced myself to use it for a few weeks, but I just found it was slow, buggy, and constantly froze/crashed.

I just use the default browser. (BTW to the OP, the bolt browser is cool because it can play YouTube videos. So I use it as well as the default browser)

04-18-10 11:56 PM
    It's pretty quick, but I dont like using it. Native browser 4 lyfe~
    04-18-10 11:58 PM
    +1

04-19-10 12:43 AM
    No your not, Opera sucks. BB as default and Bolt for some things seems to work best. BTW: An Internet accelerator is a great way to get better performance.
    04-19-10 04:26 AM
    just hate opera..always froze
    04-19-10 04:27 AM
    i hate opera aswell.....i use firefox as my default and loaded BOLT in aswell love the both of em always get what i need quick
    04-19-10 05:26 AM
    I use Opera to access full websites (rather than 'Mobile' or 'Optimized' ones) - but I have, after some experimentation, returned to v4.2 - which works fine - from Opera 5, which I did find was buggy and froze on my 8520.

Otherwise, I let the BB use its own browser when linking from within the device.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 04-20-10 at 06:29 AM.
    04-19-10 06:16 AM
    I hate the Opera browser. I tried to make myself like it, so I forced myself to use it for a few weeks, but I just found it was slow, buggy, and constantly froze/crashed.

I just use the default browser. (BTW to the OP, the bolt browser is cool because it can play YouTube videos. So I use it as well as the default browser)

You can still play youtube videos with the BB browser. But I did read about bolt and I might try it out.

04-19-10 06:33 AM
    i hate opera aswell.....i use firefox as my default and loaded BOLT in aswell love the both of em always get what i need quick
    You're going to repeat that no matter how many times we explain aren't you? That's the default browser's emulation. It tells websites "hey, i'm not a blackberry, I'm firefox". That's all.

Great thing it is to mislead people.

There is no Firefox for BlackBerry.
    04-19-10 08:02 AM
    I much prefer the native browser too, to be honest.

04-19-10 09:07 AM
    You're going to repeat that no matter how many times we explain aren't you? That's the default browser's emulation. It tells websites "hey, i'm not a blackberry, I'm firefox". That's all.

Great thing it is to mislead people.

There is no Firefox for BlackBerry.
    I know that pissed me off...
    When I changed my blackberry to firefox I couldn't download the appworld or the superstore...
    It sucked & I couldn't figure it out - Until I changed it back to blackberry...

also - i hate opera, i have it- but i am barely on it because it always freezes.
    04-19-10 09:52 AM
    I mean, honestly, for me it was just to buggy and the page loads times between Opera and Blackberry wasn't a big a difference to me.

When I got my BB 8830 everyone told me Opera was the only browser worth having. I hated it. I prefered the Bolt browser.

Now with my 8530 the BB browser is so much better I haven't downloaded any other browser.

You aren't alone.

04-19-10 01:36 PM
    OM5 was a huge step backwards... It basically removed any of the reasons I liked OM4.2, yet still kept most of its problems.

OM4.2 was quick and lite in terms of loading large, non-wap pages. OM5 is slow and clunky to use...

Also, OM on a socket connection loads pretty fast, but if you can't use a socket connection (generally carrier restricted), it loads fairly slowly...
    04-19-10 01:39 PM
    Opera Mini is great for non smart phones....

However for the blackberry, especially the new version of opera....
    It is horrible.

I Use the Native browser and BOLT....

Deleted Opera months ago.
    04-19-10 01:40 PM
    OM5 was a huge step backwards... It basically removed any of the reasons I liked OM4.2, yet still kept most of its problems.

OM4.2 was quick and lite in terms of loading large, non-wap pages. OM5 is slow and clunky to use...

Also, OM on a socket connection loads pretty fast, but if you can't use a socket connection (generally carrier restricted), it loads fairly slowly...
    Even on my wifi connection, opera just isn't that fast. The multitasking is the only thing I liked about it.

04-19-10 02:45 PM
    I don't like it either. It's laggy and kind of slower than the BlackBerry browser. But I'm pretty sure it will get better on future updates.

04-19-10 09:34 PM
    I've never been a big fan of Opera Mini either. I use the native browser and Bolt. I use Bolt when there is no mobile web version for the website. I always recommend Bolt to Blackberry users over any other browser. Just my two cents

04-20-10 09:39 AM
    yall gotta get on the hybrid OS opera5minibeta2 is ridiculous fast
    04-20-10 10:11 AM
    Bolt and default for me. . . Never tried Opera 5 my friend with a tour said it sucked
    04-20-10 04:16 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD