Yesterday I ran a recomended update through desktop manager.

All my applications, including the third party apps, social feeds and facebook were deleted.

I did a restore to the day before I ran the upgrade and they still were not there.

I was able to reload them but I am still just curious if that is supposed to happen or did my upgrade run into a glitch?
    10-06-10 10:00 AM
    Before you updated the OS, did you backup your Torch?

If everything else is working fine, then it looks like you may have to reload the apps yourself.

In the update process, you should have been able to see the option to select the apps which should have already been done by default.

I had no issues with my apps other than I had to re-register a couple of them. (BerryBuzz and Berry PopUp).
    10-06-10 10:43 AM
    Always back up 3rd party apps using bbsak or BB MCP. Some third party apps like Quicklaunch or meterberry will not restore themselves when updating OS.
    10-06-10 10:58 AM
    Your backup file does not backup 3rd party apps. BBSAK can do this for you.

As for where you are now...you say social feeds and facebook are gone...unless you removed those with something like CrackMem, Shrink-A-OS, or deleted the .cods yourself...they must not have been checked in the apploader.

Go to c:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader

Run loader.exe with your phone already connected to the computer, Desktop Manager closed. Press next until you get to this screen:

Go through the list and make sure everything you want has a check mark next to it. Then hit next and let them install.
    10-06-10 11:10 AM
    I just re-downloaded my third party apps, and I reinstalled social feeds and fb from desktop manager. Just annoying.

Thanks for the infor though about backing up 3rd party apps. Will do that.
    10-06-10 12:50 PM
    You shouldn't have to back up third-party apps when doing an OS upgrade. The upgrade process through either DM 6 or App Loader defaults to backing up and then restoring both data and third-party apps.

There are only two ways this would not have happened: (1) you affirmatively told DM6 or App Loader not to back up data and third-party apps, or (2) you wiped your device prior to upgrading.
    10-06-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD